advertisement

Her Majesty the Queen RIP

So, perhaps we will soon have a king, for whom the environment has been a principle concern all his working life. It'll be interesting to see what happens if this government rows back on its climate and environment pledges.

Best wishes to Brenda. I oppose everything the monarchy represents, but have absolutely nothing against her personally. Seems a decent enough person to be honest. Hope she fully recovers, or at least has all the care and support every 96 year old lady should receive.

A good mate of Pinochet, and many simialar ne'er-do-wells, so ambivalent re: just an old lady™.

Best wishes to Brenda. I oppose everything the monarchy represents, but have absolutely nothing against her personally. Seems a decent enough person to be honest. Hope she fully recovers, or at least has all the care and support every 96 year old lady should receive.
I can't know, but I suspect she'd be content to call it a day now. If that happens, I hope it is kind, and comfortable.

I thought she was looking very frail at the PM handover and seems to have deteriorated quite quickly since Philip passed. Understandable really. Every good wish to HM.

I can't know, but I suspect she'd be content to call it a day now. If that happens, I hope it is kind, and comfortable.
I think the time has probably come to hand over the reins and enjoy what time remains in a peaceful retirement. It's as good a time as any, we have a new PM, a new cabinet and if we turn the page to a new head of state then well and good. Nobody can or should work for ever, even if as in this case they clearly want to, as there's a question of capability once the inevitable starts closing in.

Suspect she is close to the end, given the statements and that the family have raced to be there.

Unfortunately I agree :(

They wouldn't have announced it and interrupted parliament like they did if it was just that she was staying away from duties for the time being etc

Absolutely - I'm a 100% republican but if we have to have a monarch she's made a more than decent job of it during a period of huge social and political change.

Very sad news and not unexpected - she was looking incredible frail in those photos earlier this week. There was some Doc I'd seen recently, detailing her life - who she's met, the world events have been incredible, there will definitely be an outpouring of grief when she goes. After that, lets do away with the whole charade - starting with Charles.

At least she won't be left alone dying of thirst and lying in her own piss in some understaffed care home like many of her generation.
I have a soft spot for the old girl tbh. I just hope this isn't an opportunity for Truss to wrap herself in the flag...

advertisement

Back