advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Cold War Steve

Fbb3hs3XEAExzLI

https://twitter.com/coldwarsteve/status/1564710085166878720

Oh Look, depiffle is being transported in a convertible Zil! :rolleyes:
ETs a big Zil fan...

Anyone from the PF massive fancy joining me with a big flag and a bad attitude on the Ballater to Balmoral road next Tuesday? :D

Queenie will see Spaffer and after him Cheesie. She must look at this shower and think “**** me, is this really the best the country can offer”.

Anyone from the PF massive fancy joining me with a big flag and a bad attitude on the Ballater to Balmoral road next Tuesday? :D

Queenie will see Spaffer and after him Cheesie. She must look at this shower and think “**** me, is this really the best the country can offer”.
I’m sure she will be delighted to see the back of Johnson- he’s a low blow the likes of which she will never have seen before and probably believed she would never have lived to see. The venue is an appropriate message. I’m sure the meeting will be brief and businesslike but hopefully there will be someone else there to give him the message more directly.

They’re talking about Johnson’s Levelling Up flag ship policy on R4 TWAO just now. It seems it didn’t happen.

I wonder whether 18 months into Trussageddon, as inflation his 400%, as Health Secretary Desmond Swayne proudly opens the Norman Tebbit Memorial Covid Ward (a multi story car park in the outskirts of Stoke fitted out with camp beds bought for x10 market rate from Grant Shapps' milkman), as we're queuing up in the dark for our allocated two daily hours in the local council Warm Bank ...I wonder whether we'll look back fondly on the Boris years.

I doubt it.

On the way down, he spends £180k of public money in an attempt to undermine the legitimacy of Parliamentary scrutiny of his partying in Number 10. In the good old days he could just unlawfully shut Parliament.

Note the Trumpian language and tactics ( BS legal challenges)- it’s all a witch hunt against the PM just because he had a party or two, including one the night before the Queen was preparing to see her husband buried, with very few mourners allowed to attend -by the rules Johnson set.
https://news.sky.com/story/pm-and-a...ck-against-witch-hunt-over-partygate-12687399

ayU4qUU.jpg

"I judge him without qualification to be the worst prime minister in the UK’s history, the least suited for office and one who was predictably unable to adapt and change to the demands."

Given the impending Trussmageddon it is maybe apt to paraphrase the great Homer Simpson: “I judge him without qualification to be the worst prime minister in the UK’s history, the least suited for office and one who was predictably unable to adapt and change to the demands so far.”.

"I judge him without qualification to be the worst prime minister in the UK’s history, the least suited for office and one who was predictably unable to adapt and change to the demands."
The thing is, none of this should come as a surprise to anybody who had any knowledge of the man from his previous history. And yet, the Conservative Party still chose him to be its leader and, by extension, deemed him fit to run the country.

To my mind, this is a damning indictment of the state of the Conservative party. Its fitness to be a political party, suitable to put up candidates for election, should be called into question.

Liz will become Boudica in the eyes of the Party, Murdoch and Rothermere. She’ll put von der Leyen, Sturgeon and O’Neill in their place, for who do they think they are? Further afield she will resurrect gun boat diplomacy with Xi, sending HMS Prince Sitting Duck (with spare prop shaft) to the South China Sea and will reimagine the Charge of the Light Brigade in Crimea.

…but something tells me Boudica of the Seven Cheeses will fail to getonwiththedayjob™, rescuing the economy her party has trashed 12 straight years in a row, answering the flight of skilled workers from Brexit Island and redressing the poverty she and her government have forced millions into. There’s only one way this ****show is heading and only the ageing white hangers and floggers that is the Conservative Party will fail to get it.

advertisement

Back