advertisement

Beatles mis-labelled

Joolzdee

pfm Member
Today I received a copy of The Beatles Revolver (2009 remaster) from the Big River. I ordered it to replace my ratty 80s copy.
Its possibly the best sounding, flattest record I've ever bought, zero surface noise and the sleeve has no creases or bumped corners. It's perfect..... Except that instead of Revolver labels it has Rubber Soul labels!! I'm 90% tempted to keep it as it's such a perfect pressing but I'm a little bit niggled that OCD will kick in and it will annoy me forever!!
What would you Fishies do??

Beatles fans being Beatles fans you can likely flip a label misprint for at least twice what you paid for it!

Beatles fans being Beatles fans you can likely flip a label misprint for at least twice what you paid for it!

Ha ha... Must admit that did cross my mind. I've seen folk trying to sell mis - labelled records as collectors items in the past but didn't think there'd be much of a market to be honest. A quick Google revealed no mention of a wrongly labeled Revolver but I can't imagine it's a one off. I'm certainly not planning to retire on it.

Rubber Soul and Revolver are the two albums that really deserve a re-mastering. We've had Sgt Pepper, The White Album, Abbey Road.

But these two have all that 'hard panning' that was all the rage in the mid 60's. Would really like to see these two re-mastered.

Revolver is due for the Giles Martin treatment, official announcement coming soon ready for a pre Christmas release..

https://variety.com/2022/music/news...-up-box-set-fall-giles-martin-1235351400/amp/

Fingers crossed that Rubber Soul will follow in due course.

@Joolzdee I’d keep that copy of Revolver! Funnily I did the exact same thing a couple of months ago, buying both the new stereo versions of Revolver and Rubber Soul, and likewise, received pristine, flat silent pressings.

advertisement

Back