advertisement

Shout out for amazing Innuos customer support

Whizzy

pfm Member
During the recent thunder storms my power supply rapidly flashed on and off multiple times, resulting in my Innuos server failing to boot up after the cuts. Contacted Innuos support who organised a remote connection and diagnostic session. João, their Senior Customer Support Engineer has just completed that session which took 40 minutes and my Zenith is now fully operation and playing beautifully as I write. Brilliant customer support and no charge despite the unit being at least 3 years old and well out of warranty. Nuff said.

Good to hear small businesses like Innuos can provide Apple level support when things go wrong, shows they are really invested in their products and customers.

Apple level support?!?! A joke I presume.
As above...
When my iMac from May 2014 had a failed (Fusiondrive) HD a year ago I discovered that Apple had declared it obsolete and actually banned official dealers from repairing it...
So I went underground and had a 4To SSD installed, the Time Machine backup restored and apart from my internet passwords recovered literally everything for a price that has nothing to do with buying a new iMac let alone a 27" model. Left the iMac for repair Thursday got it back Tuesday (it would have been much faster if I had wanted the 1To SSD they had in stock).

yes contacted innous for suppport who were good although they couldnt rectify the problem . that took the pfm missive i think

I think the only thing that lets Innuos down is not having a UK based approved repairer. If the units cant be fixed remotely you have to ship it to Portugal, they do offer to organise carriage but on a non insurance basis.

This may have changed.

The customer support sounds good, no doubt but it’s concerning that it was broken and needed 40 mins of Innuos support after a simple power fail. My Mac and two NAS servers lose power once or twice year due to power cuts in the village but they’re up and running within minutes without any drama.

The customer support sounds good, no doubt but it’s concerning that it was broken and needed 40 mins of Innuos support after a simple power fail. My Mac and two NAS servers lose power once or twice year due to power cuts in the village but they’re up and running within minutes without any drama.

You obviously possess computer skills, something I sadly lack.
The power disruption was extreme due to the storm and the lights flickered for some time. In addition, I live very close to a distribution transformer and my mains voltage can exceed 250v, so I use a balanced power supply transformer to smooth the supply and lower the voltage slightly. My guess is the rapid mains interruption (switching) combined the inductance of the BPS was an unhealthy combination and probably created some extreme voltage spikes, so it's not surprising that the Zenith complained. The time actually taken to find and correct the software corruption was not that great but the time taken for me to actually sort the remote connection software after he sent me the link and the additional time he took the check my music files and test the system did indeed take 40 minutes of his time. I've now got to consider whether I leave the Innuos connected to the BPS or not.

My ZenMini mk3 HDD recently failed and Innuos fixed it in the UK, total cost £190 including courier costs there and back. That was after Nuno spent 30 mins investigating the issue initially remotely. Their customer service is second to none.

Actual Apple support is superb i.e. the stuff you get away from the shops. I had a Bluetooth issue which was escalated to a woman in Portugal. Took 8 calls at their expense over a 4 week period. The solution was obtuse to say the least but she simply accepted the challenge and refused to be beaten. Cost me nothing.

Innuos attitude to support is not dissimilar.

Apple level support?!?! A joke I presume.

Yip. I wouldn't have an Apple product if you paid me to take it. I'm struggling to think of another company which enjoys such a large divergence between their perceived quality and public image and what they actually do and build. They are frankly disgusting.

advertisement

Back