advertisement

Joshua vs Usyk 2

Joshua reminds me of Bruno. Adonis muscle looks but ultimately boring to watch and he tires easily. Perhaps he needs to beef up rather than trying to look like a male model? Fury is an example.

I ask myself how some of today's fighters would fare twenty/thirty years ago ie. Tyson/Holyfield etc era?

Joshua reminds me of Bruno. Adonis muscle looks but ultimately boring to watch and he tires easily. Perhaps he needs to beef up rather than trying to look like a male model? Fury is an example.

Yes looks incredible but not loose enough in movement and you may be right about his stamina , not many of the greats were that muscle bound. Perhaps the training to look the part v be an effective fighter differs?

The comments about him making a fool of himself, well yes he did at the end. But if I'd given my all and come up short having had my head pummelled for 12 rounds I'm not sure I'd be up for a thoughtful reflection. Perhaps keep them away from the mic until they have had time to process what's happened.

Why on earth does anyone still watch this stuff. Two grown men hitting each other in the face for money, **** me.

Only positive with boxing is getting troubled teens off the streets & teaching them discipline & respect, it's these places that should be open, alas many have closed over the last 12 years but we still have this cave man nonsense.

I called him a boxer because that's what he is, you said you weren't sure about the boxer bit because he made a fool of himself. We never talked about the belts - you just manage the conversation how you see fit.

that is not my game plan. you are correct, he is just a boxer, was never going to be a great one. I was at the Bruno v Bone crusher Smith fight (3rd 0r 4th ringside row) and it was apparent early on that Bruno could get caught. I respect them both btw for their courage and determination.

Joshua is always going to look robotic and stilted. That's the way he is and no amount of training is going to change that to the degree he can fight and beat the likes of Fury or Usyk. Last night he actually looked as if he had a plan and some sort of defence- both of which were lacking last time. He improved but not to the extent to which he was ever going to win against the best. As has happened before he subsequently let himself down by opening his mouth and letting his frustration show.

Sore loser, he got out boxed and realises his boxing career is over.

He knew he was going to beaten
that is not my game plan. you are correct, he is just a boxer, was never going to be a great one. I was at the Bruno v Bone crusher Smith fight (3rd 0r 4th ringside row) and it was apparent early on that Bruno could get caught. I respect them both btw for their courage and determination.

Small world- l was there too.:)

I'm surprised so many folk fall for all the hype/guff with heavyweight boxing - AJ was given a boxing lesson by a pumped up cruiserweight last time they met & was no closer to beating Usyk some 11 months later without a strategy for success. He should but won't retire and count his £££ but he'll be back and next time it'll be different...... honestly

advertisement

Back