advertisement

Spam, getting even worse?

david ellwood

Kirabosi Kognoscente
I use yahoo mail but am seriously thinking of cancelling my accounts because of its inability to filter obvious spam.

And the amount of it lately seems unprecedented.

It's a conspiracy! C***s like redcoats, clowns and happy people are trying to cheer you up, the f*****s. Resist. Go in the garden now, naked and throw yourself in a bed of nettles.

I run a couple of Facebook groups and the last couple of weeks has been the worst I have known for spam posts - luckily usually caught by filters I have in place.

Both my email accounts are excellent at filtering out spam. One of them catches multiple spam emails in Spanish and/or Portuguese and dumps them in a junk folder. (It also catches some legit stuff, so I need to check the junk folder periodically).

Both my email accounts are excellent at filtering out spam. One of them catches multiple spam emails in Spanish and/or Portuguese and dumps them in a junk folder. (It also catches some legit stuff, so I need to check the junk folder periodically).

all three of mine are pretty good. My work "ac.uk" one receives very little. Yahoo receives hardly any, apart from me signing up to random sh!t. Gmail, receives none.

My email client (Outlook 365) does an odd thing in that it sometimes puts things in the spam filter from senders/advertisers I regularly receive mail from (and am happy to receive). It seems to be random, and it doesn't seem to 'learn' when I move them from the junk folder to the inbox.

"You have won a 170 pc Stanley tool set!"

It's getting to be like a game of whack-a-mole trying to kill all these spam announcements that I've won something.

I get very little spam these days: almost none via @gmail and about two or three a month via @btinternet . Much more annoying for me are cookies and unwanted advertising.

I get very little spam in my Gmail account. My Btinternet on the other hand gets regular spam, I'm sure it's related to the data breach in LinkedIn a few years back.

advertisement

Back