advertisement

Jerry Sadowitz cancelled

@Joe Hutch https://solutionsnotsides.co.uk/

Trans women are a marginalised group and I’ve solidarity for all those being squashed at the bottom of society. There have been ill-conceived attempts to lift this marginalised group resulting inadvertently(?) in trampling over natal women. I think this isn't liberation or equality, but more oppression dressed up as progress.
But you are faced with two completely incompatible opinions; that trans women are women, and that trans women are not women. You can’t support both views. I guess you could declare neutrality.

We need a right to offend.
The EDL have a right to march and spout their venom and I and lots like me have a right to stop them, pen them into railway stations and pelt them with bananas.
The EDL exercise their right to free expression by marching and shouting venom. You, and others, exercise your right to free expression by expressing your views through the medium of ballistic bananas.

But you are faced with two completely incompatible opinions; that trans women are women, and that trans women are not women. You can’t support both views. I guess you could declare neutrality.
Perhaps we need to accommodate more than just the two traditional genders now. Not sure which society it is, perhaps Inuit, but there's one that recognises at least three genders. Perhaps we should just stop trying to force trans people into whichever gender is the closest fit, and give them one of their own.

Got to be Still. Same obsessions and aggressive missing of the point.

Dammit! I was hoping it was Shapps.

(Got some questions for him regarding his discussion of sensitive information and a sanction-busting flight from Inverness to Moscow).

John

Perhaps we need to accommodate more than just the two traditional genders now. Not sure which society it is, perhaps Inuit, but there's one that recognises at least three genders. Perhaps we should just stop trying to force trans people into whichever gender is the closest fit, and give them one of their own.
I don't think one other is enough in current thinking. That's why we end up with LGBTQI+ and the like. There are literally dozens of genders to which one can relate. I don't think that we need to add any more, isn't that rather the point of the "+"? I'd like to think that we are adult enough to say that "unconventional+" ought to cover all the options. Surely "+" encompasses "anything we haven't thought of yet", no?

I don't think one other is enough in current thinking. That's why we end up with LGBTQI+ and the like. There are literally dozens of genders to which one can relate. I don't think that we need to add any more, isn't that rather the point of the "+"? I'd like to think that we are adult enough to say that "unconventional+" ought to cover all the options. Surely "+" encompasses "anything we haven't thought of yet", no?
I agree one more gender wouldn't be enough, but I think it's more about not forcing LGBTQ+ people into one of the current pigeonholes. If trans females can't compete in female sports because their 'male' origins give them an unfair physical advantage, for example, they shouldn't be denied the ability to compete in sports with others like themselves.

Some people will always strive to be different, what is different now becomes accepted, and then new options for being different will be sought.

We’ll soon be needing an expanded alphabet.

ho ho there are many more than two opinions, and then there's the associated science. I get a lot of abuse from actual transphobes (as opposed to any woman/man/trans woman/trans man who dares to disagree with the Jolyon Maugham brigade), and misogynistic men with delusions of progressiveness due to my position. I could do without the abuse, but being hated by the bigots at both ends of the spectrum confirms my position is moderate. Al Murray declared himself a culture wars conscientious objector. Smart man!
Perhaps we should just stop trying to force any people to our will? Much evidence of males with frail egos outsourcing thier moral compass and opinions to the internet on this thread. People who think they know what's best for everyone are long overdue a head wobble.

advertisement

Back