advertisement

The end

I'm afraid there is an emotional attachment to the one he has as well. I certainly felt a bit emotional when he dropped it on its prism, which is now lop-sided to go with all the brassing.

He's just been using it on holiday in Portugal. Last time it went there was in 1984, around the time I met the girl who would become his mother.

I'm afraid there is an emotional attachment to the one he has as well. I certainly felt a bit emotional when he dropped it on its prism, which is now lop-sided to go with all the brassing.

He's just been using it on holiday in Portugal. Last time it went there was in 1984, around the time I met the girl who would become his mother.
That's a good tale - I promise not to steal it..

Yes, I've got a D80, it was my first Dslr. Oddly, I actually really like some of the files that I have from it, they converted through to B&W in a very filmic way. I'm told that it has something to do with the CCD sensor, the same one as on the D200, discarded in favour of a CMOS sensor in their successor D90/D300. I believe Leica stuck with CCD sensors for this reason.

Totally agree with the sensor comment - I thought that the colours straight from my now sold D200 were the best I have seen from any Nikon.

Where in Cornwall..?
I'm in Cornwall, so maybe, just maybe in a wonderful example of karma I could just steal it back from him..?
I'm after one purely for sentimental value, for a few photos I've got in mind and as I just want to hear the sound of it with the mirror and motor drive as it'll bring back so many memories. I'm not sure I can justify £500-odd on a shiny A1 condition one as I'd just want to file away the paint to make it look like it had been used in the way it should have been..

This place is turning into quite the knackered-F3 appreciation club.
And deservedly so :)

1984 was the last time that I saw my beloved Canon A1's. Also in Portugal on a first holiday with the lady who became my wife. They were nicked out of the hire car.

^ That ones in much better shape than the pup of a D600 I bought to supersede mine recently. Lovely.

Populated by knackered F3 owners..?
I'm speaking for myself here obviously.
[/QUOTE]

I did take considerable care with the introduction and location of the hyphen in the original phrase Steve.. :)

[/QUOTE]

I did take considerable care with the introduction and location of the hyphen in the original phrase Steve.. :)[/QUOTE]
..and I didn't even notice. Clearly too knackered.

advertisement

Back