advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

So are cheap funeral plans.

I rarely see a funeral these days they’re about as rare as planes flying overhead.

I live on a main road with a church about 500 yards away down the road northward and another church about two miles further south on the same road, pre-pandemic I’d see at least one funeral pass by my house probably about every two weeks now it’s almost as if there’s no funerals anymore even though there’s an undertaker about two miles away.

Last edited:
‘Living with Covid’ should be countered by containing the virus once and for all
Eric Topol
CDC’s position should be countered by exploiting the science and our clear capabilities of fully containing the virus

Anticipating resistance to Paxlovid, for which we have been heavily relying upon in high-risk individuals, is necessary given the recent findings of multiple, naturally occurring mutations in the virus that could impair its efficacy in the future. That requires accelerating the testing of backup pills or their combinations that stop replication of the virus. All these measures do not connote any sense of relaxation against Covid. The CDC position that we need to “live with Covid”, as espoused with its guidance, should be countered by exploiting the science and our clear capabilities of fully containing the virus, once and for all.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...covid-should-be-countered-by-containing-virus

Good to see that YouTube shill John Campbell has been corrected on his misinformation.

Where is your evidence he is a shill?

My question about being a shill was asking for evidence he’s being paid by persons to post their views in his name.

I posted evidence showing he has been shilling misinformation, at no point did I state he’s being paid by persons to post their views in his name , it appears you have misconstrued my initial statement

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-deaths-pneumonia-conditions-5841803-Aug2022/

From the Central Statistics Office, Ireland.

'Four in five deaths from Covid-19 had at least three medical conditions mentioned on the death record, with 4.2 conditions being the average per person.'

'The total number of Covid-19 deaths included in this analysis is 5,384 deaths.'

'A total of 183 deaths (3.4%) reported Covid-19 as the single cause of death, whereas 5,201 (almost 97%) Covid-19 deaths were certified as having had Covid-19 and at least one other medical condition on the death certificate.'

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-deaths-pneumonia-conditions-5841803-Aug2022/

From the Central Statistics Office, Ireland.

'Four in five deaths from Covid-19 had at least three medical conditions mentioned on the death record, with 4.2 conditions being the average per person.'

'The total number of Covid-19 deaths included in this analysis is 5,384 deaths.'

'A total of 183 deaths (3.4%) reported Covid-19 as the single cause of death, whereas 5,201 (almost 97%) Covid-19 deaths were certified as having had Covid-19 and at least one other medical condition on the death certificate.'

I’d like to try to help here - what is the point you are making? Multiple medical conditions are normal on death certificates and it is not straightforward to work backwards from summary data like those to identify the primary cause.

I posted evidence showing he has been shilling misinformation, at no point did I state he’s being paid by persons to post their views in his name , it appears you have misconstrued my initial statement
John Campbell has put a lot of effort into creating his videos which I do appreciate. At first I thought that he did a good job but gradually mistakes started to creep in (I think that he needs a fact checker to try keep his videos error free, and presumably with so many followers now he could pay someone to do so). I did think about correcting the ones that were obvious to to me, here on PFM, but then realised that it would be a lot of work to do so. And at the time and currently I am continuing with heath treatments and need to focus on recovering.

@Somafunk , thanks for summarising the big errors that were used by others to support their view.

Cheers IanW, Like I mentioned in my reply to flatpopoley (dunno if he’s read it or noticed I replied?) John Campbell originally began by posting quality information but when he has been shown to provide misleading summations of scientific data he has refused to backtrack and provide corrections on why he was wrong to come to these conclusions, this does damage to the scientific community who constantly strive to do “better”, as he is all to aware that he now has a following who trust and repeat his statements I can only conclude that’s he’s getting high on his own supply.

Looks like its going to hit the bottom of the curve in September, bloody hope we don't have another run of covid variants come November when the NHS will have to bear the brunt through the winter season.

The following points [ONS] are for the week ending 8 August 2022 for Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland, and the week ending 6 August 2022 for England.

• The percentage of people testing positive for coronavirus (COVID-19) continued to decrease in England, Wales and Scotland; and decreased in Northern Ireland.

• In England, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 1,432,900 (95% credible interval: 1,339,600 to 1,524,800), equating to 2.63% of the population, or around 1 in 40 people.

• In Wales, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 72,600 (95% credible interval: 54,800 to 93,000), equating to 2.39% of the population, or around 1 in 40 people.

• In Northern Ireland, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 36,600 (95% credible interval: 25,100 to 50,200), equating to 2.00% of the population, or 1 in 50 people.

• In Scotland, the estimated number of people testing positive for COVID-19 was 164,100 (95% credible interval: 137,400 to 193,700), equating to 3.12% of the population, or around 1 in 30 people.
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...viruscovid19infectionsurveypilot/19august2022

The self isolation is selecting for virus mutations that linger on

Every infection is selecting against the vaccines, that's the real problem with what is being allowed to happen. The vaccines are already ineffective against infection and the new Moderna will make little difference. At least 5 in every 100 infections lead to long covid, which is already affecting the economy in its scale...

Every infection is selecting against the vaccines, that's the real problem with what is being allowed to happen. The vaccines are already ineffective against infection and the new Moderna will make little difference. At least 5 in every 100 infections lead to long covid, which is already affecting the economy in its scale...
By “allowed to happen” are you referring to basic precautions, eg masks in busy settings?

By “allowed to happen” are you referring to basic precautions, eg masks in busy settings?

I mean the deliberate lack of Government health messaging. The formal advice is still to wear masks - not that anyone would know. This is herd immunity in play, starting with the kids and playing out over a couple of generations. Why should I not have the same abivalence to the hose pipe ban?

I mean the deliberate lack of Government health messaging. The formal advice is still to wear masks - not that anyone would know. Why should I not have the same abivolence to the hose pipe ban?
Agreed, talk about heads-in-sand…I mean covid, not a lack of water!

You should live in an area served by plentiful water then you wouldn’t be conflicted :). Dare I mention that I washed two cars today?

Agreed, talk about heads-in-sand…I covid, not a lack of water!

You should live in an area served by plentiful water then you wouldn’t be conflicted :). Dare I mention that I washed two cars today?

I grow lettuces for the street. I still have pretty full water butts for now.

advertisement

Back