advertisement

Pic from the Hong Kong audio show

Ptah

pfm Member
... which I nicked from another forum. Price equates to £30k which I think was the price originally mentioned.

296918830_756925148973268_7586661111252788226_n.jpg

Must admit that on the Rega site it looks OK if very minimalist. That picture above makes it look cobbled together as the arm is fixed to a rather skew-whiff block!

The picture above must be a prototype? Comparing to the Rega site the arm-mounting doesn't look as cobbled together.

Minimalist is the very point of this turntable. As little mass as possible (apart from the platter obviously) and the mass there is - as stiff as possible.

P10 in a carbon fibre party frock for £30k
expect lots of 2nd hand Avid , Sme , Technics , vertere , VPI , Techdas , Clearaudio etc flooding the market

Sorry, the beauty must be in the eye of the beholder, visually pricing it up I wouldn’t go more than £1500 or so and that gnarly big nut front and centre…is this as prototype from 2014…?

The Naiad concept turntable was produced in limited numbers (50 units) and is now long sold out, oh and the Hong Kong photo maybe does not do it justice from an engineering or aesthetic viewpoint ;);).

Just no…

Rega’s prices have always seemed sensible to me, even in their high tier stuff. This not so much.

It was created as a cost no object / best we can do concept piece, but demand was such that we made it available to those that were interested.

It was never the intention to make it commercially available.

There must be some serious engineering and quality materials to justify that sort of asking price!

If you'd said £30,000 for a Rega a few years ago you would have got some strange looks.

Rega at least must believe it's worth it.

Andy

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Mm. It’s more than the top spec LP12. Van we now have 10 pages of hate about how the brand has sold out is now evil etc?

Regardless of brand £30k for a TT is utter madness.

advertisement

Back