advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Less than four weeks until Edam is anointed. My guess is she will go for a snap GE hoping that folk give her the benefit of the doubt and before her incompetence becomes plain to see.

I wish. Not a chance. Anyone seen as trying to cut and run in this situation would be pulverised. Have you seen her public ratings (as oppposed to the UKIP infested Tory activists)?

She'll hang on until 2024. It's going to be quite monumentally awful.

Unless either of them get some credible policies to address the energy/cost of living crisis I’d be surprised if this government lasts that long. The percentage increases being discussed will wipe-out huge numbers of people financially and drive countless businesses, small and large, to the wall resulting in a death-spiral of unemployment, poverty and anger. A few tax cuts or a couple of hundred quid in helicopter is clearly not going to sort this. It needs some big thinking and I don’t see that anywhere on our political map. It certainly spells the end to Tory sleaze, grift and self-interest. They’ll be the first met with fire when the shit really hits the fan next year.

They’re going to have to slash gas and electricity bills because that coming on the back of double digit inflation will break the back of the rotten Tory Party. They can strut and bullshit about Brexit and stopping a few brown people trying to cross the channel but ice on the inside of windows this winter and unaffordable food prices will soon head that nonsense off.

Oh and crippling the NHS further in order to fund phoney tax cuts isn’t going to go down too well beyond the party faithful with their gelt piles to afford private treatment.

They don't have to have an election until 2024, regardless of how bad it gets, and they won't go to the polls early unless they think they will win. She'll want two years as PM rather than just a few months. The fact that everything is going to be awful makes it almost certain we won't get an early election. She'll hang on until the bitter end.

They’re going to have to slash gas and electricity bills because that coming on the back of double digit inflation will break the back of the rotten Tory Party. They can strut and bullshit about Brexit and stopping a few brown people trying to cross the channel but ice in the inside of people’s windows this winter and unaffordable food prices will soon head that nonsense off.

Oh and crippling the NHS further in order to fund phoney tax cuts isn’t going to go down too well beyond the party faithful with their gelt piles to afford private treatment.

That will do in a lot of decent governments also. I would prefer to see them go down for fooling the public on Brexit. But I know that's a dream

They’re going to have to slash gas and electricity bills because that coming on the back of double digit inflation will break the back of the rotten Tory Party. They can strut and bullshit about Brexit and stopping a few brown people trying to cross the channel but ice in the inside of people’s windows this winter and unaffordable food prices will soon head that nonsense off.

I suspect they have very little time to act. Everyone is framing this around home energy users, which is understandable, but an arguably bigger impact will be within small and medium sized businesses who simply won’t be able to cope with anything between a doubling to quadrupling of energy costs. It will wipe huge swathes of businesses out. So many will not have the headroom to cover such huge and unpredictable rises in operating costs. The net result being a lot of people who would have really struggled to meet their energy bills will find themselves unemployed too. A lot of folk who spent their lives building up a good solid business will find themselves bankrupt. You just can’t factor energy rises of this magnitude into a business plan.

The government clearly have nothing beyond yet more visceral racism at refugees and hollow soundbites about sunlit Brexit uplands. I’ve not heard a single intelligent point from either candidate. They are so far out of their depth what comes next could be entirely unprecedented.

Don’t blame it on Truss, blame it on the boogie

jLHkKtd.jpg

The footage is like something cut from an an episode of Phoenix Nights due to being entirely unconvincing.

Less than four weeks until Edam is anointed. My guess is she will go for a snap GE hoping that folk give her the benefit of the doubt and before her incompetence becomes plain to see.

Highly unlikely I would have thought, she won`t have forgotten what happened when May tried this and even with the current state if total Labour ineptitude there`s little doubt she`d lose a shedload of seat causing a likely hung parliament.

She`ll just hang on until the end and hope for a miracle.

Could this be a turning point though? A mass non payment of energy increased bills, just like Alice’s Restaurant, cutting off 10,000 is acceptable cutting of 10,000,000 isn’t.

All under the slogan

“Really take back control”

.sjb

The percentage increases being discussed will wipe-out huge numbers of people financially and drive countless businesses, small and large, to the wall resulting in a death-spiral of unemployment, poverty and anger.

This ^ , a mate has a welding/fabrication business in our fishing town and his bills are utterly horrendous at the moment due to no price cap for commercial use, his bill for July last year was £628 (heavy machinery and welding equipment), this July it’s £2368 :eek: and only getting worse, Brexit ****ed his business well enough but this is going to finish him.

advertisement

Back