advertisement

Well, the big guys are in da house after a long trip across Europe.

52272034579_620e784d9b_b.jpg

I'm still struggling to come to terms with how good they are.

52272263420_17d2c18c19_b.jpg

I am also struggling to come to terms with how heavy the P6 amplifier is (50kg). When it's running, it will heat the room nicely, but not such a good idea in this hot weather!

52272263535_e408940aff_b.jpg

Having been through Briks, NBLs etc in my quest, I'm not one to use words such as 'imaging' but these guys have it in spades - now I'm a convert of wide baffles!
I can wax lyrical, but one anecdote does it all. Once set up, I played a few favourite tracks, including Sailing to Philadelphia. Before I knew it, Signora came into the room with tears running down her face. She was mesmerised by the music.
It certainly helped justify the experiment! Now I'm getting used to goosebumps every time I play something.
I'll hang on to the shipping crates, as I expect I'll be buried in them.

Latest incarnation, and one that is likely to hang around for a while, as to these humble ears, this system is almost perfection. Clean and open with no sense of veiling or restraint, and yet gloriously smooth and natural when needed. It can rock, it can swing and it can chill out.

x6Gq7oJ.jpg

GP9P7PV.jpg

zbaYGe7.jpg

Tj7HYvV.jpg

And a little rear and corner acoustic treatment for good measure:

XaOY5IA.jpg

Big or massive Nero ?. Like the shapes going on here... right pretty. Also fallen in love with that chair

Latest incarnation, and one that is likely to hang around for a while, as to these humble ears, this system is almost perfection. Clean and open with no sense of veiling or restraint, and yet gloriously smooth and natural when needed. It can rock, it can swing and it can chill out.

x6Gq7oJ.jpg

GP9P7PV.jpg

zbaYGe7.jpg

Tj7HYvV.jpg

XaOY5IA.jpg

What a lovely room. What's the picture over the mantelpiece?

Yup, ATC EL150A actives, with the new tweeter. The P6 amplifier is a Class A/B with active crossovers, hence the heat generation.

Decidely end-game speakers, and I've been looking for a pair for a while.

PS : It's Simon the salmon, but I won't tell him!
Well done - they are a true "I'm done" end game product.
Enjoy :D

What a lovely room. What's the picture over the mantelpiece?

It's a japanese silk screen print from the 1970's in a Teak frame. It's 1/140 and is supposed to be a lotus. I found it in a gallery and liked it. So i bought it :)

the Bigger story is the Picasso on the left. I bought it in a junky second hand shop as a nice print. Turned out to be one of a short number of artist signed prints from 1960, and is in its original frame. So it's "almost" a real picasso! best bargain i ever found.

x6Gq7oJ.jpg

GP9P7PV.jpg

zbaYGe7.jpg

Tj7HYvV.jpg

XaOY5IA.jpg
Nice. What is the room treatment? And also, what the DSOM coaster next to the turntable?

A lovely vibe in that room

Yup, ATC EL150A actives, with the new tweeter. The P6 amplifier is a Class A/B with active crossovers, hence the heat generation.

Decidely end-game speakers, and I've been looking for a pair for a while.

PS : It's Simon the salmon, but I won't tell him!

They're all Harry the Haddocks if you come from Grimsby, remember the inflatables waved by fans at football matches

Nice. What is the room treatment? And also, what the DSOM coaster next to the turntable?

A lovely vibe in that room

Just some GIK acoustics panels and a corner bass trap. I was lucky enough to get them from a local PF'er here in Edinburgh. They just happened to fit my usage case perfectly.

advertisement

Back