advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
X-Ray Spex - Germfree Adolescents

20220806-205707.jpg

I can clearly remember hearing Oh Bondage Up Yours on the radio for the first time in late 70s, but not which station/show.
I got the single and Germfree Adolescents on vinyl immediately!
Hearing it was a punk rock epiphany, and once the lyrics sunk in new insights into women's rights.

This cd is the 2006 Japanese re-issue with good sound and four extra tracks including OBUY, so couldn't resist getting a copy.

joy crookes - skin

joy-crookes-skin.jpg

All the family are on the hunt for new music, and it can get competitive.
My wife found joy sounds like the beginning of a joke, but not this time.
I'm pleased she did. I love this album.
Got cd from Joys' website.

@gavreid thanks very much for the help.
You weren't that person. More of a silver-tongued charmer :D
Guys, thanks for this, love it!

Aretha - Live gospel album.

Y/tube, cannot be arsed to play records in this heat, man, my monoblocs will add another few degrees

The Sisters of Mercy - BBC Sessions 82-84

20220806-205617.jpg

The golden age of SoM. My first encounter was airing of Peel ’82 session. Radio studio, and live, recordings are interesting as better odds of good quality sound. Got this cd when it came out.

I saw SoM live a few times during this period, and stage was filled with thick smoke for all of all shows. Except one night soon after a song started the smoke began clearing. As band came into view they looked alarmed. I looked around and audience appeared shocked too! The smoke swiftly all but cleared, and band became shy and started edging away from audience. Presumably doktor smoke started working again as stage started rapidly re-filling with smoke, and band disappeared from view just as they finished the song.

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/misc/deardok.htm

The Sisters of Mercy - BBC Sessions 82-84

20220806-205617.jpg

The golden age of SoM. My first encounter was airing of Peel ’82 session. Radio studio, and live, recordings are interesting as better odds of good quality sound. Got this cd when it came out.

I saw SoM live a few times during this period, and stage was filled with thick smoke for all of all shows. Except one night soon after a song started the smoke began clearing. As band came into view they looked alarmed. I looked around and audience appeared shocked too! The smoke swiftly all but cleared, and band became shy and started edging away from audience. Presumably doktor smoke started working again as stage started rapidly re-filling with smoke, and band disappeared from view just as they finished the song.

http://www.the-sisters-of-mercy.com/misc/deardok.htm

As much as I like "Vision Thing", they really weren't the same after Spiggy ditched the hat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back