advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

52270274484_3cef0c72d2_b.jpg

52270496850_de92c0462a_b.jpg

52270024158_a95ca8cacb_b.jpg

And its a happy 9th birthday!

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/mdac-first-listen-part-xxvi.142064/

Post 47, 7/8/13 Total cost (+shipping) is targeted at £450 to £500, the first 3 instalments of £100 each of which are spread over the development cycle - with the last £150 to £200 covering the production costs (After testing of the prototype unit).

I like to target the first units being shipped around Christmas (so we can gift ourselves
clip_image001.png
) - but its fair to expect sometime between Christmas and February 2014
clip_image001.png

And its a happy 9th birthday!

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/mdac-first-listen-part-xxvi.142064/

Post 47, 7/8/13 Total cost (+shipping) is targeted at £450 to £500, the first 3 instalments of £100 each of which are spread over the development cycle - with the last £150 to £200 covering the production costs (After testing of the prototype unit).

I like to target the first units being shipped around Christmas (so we can gift ourselves
clip_image001.png
) - but its fair to expect sometime between Christmas and February 2014
clip_image001.png
You mean
https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/mdac-first-listen-part-xxvi.142064/page-3#post-2079568

Just found a Stack Link II STREAMER for sale that will set me back £500. I wonder who designed it and keeps refining it ....

2019: LINK
The follow up to the ONSET, the LINK was embodied the same machined from solid design in a smaller and form. For the digital circuitry and internal power supply, Stack Audio partnered with renown audio engineer John Westlake. John’s approach to preventing jitter and digital noise fitted perfectly with focus on the source.

2021: Refinement - LINK II
Never one to rest on laurels, John Westlake has refined the design of the LINK with an improved clock. Taking the approach further Stack Audio now sells the LINK II with its own external linear power supply, the VOLT.

Should I buy it to recover at least a little of my £3200?

I know that this has been mentioned before, but John keeps working on this for Stack Audio.

EDIT: I just alerted Stack Audio to this thread.

Link-connections-diagram.jpg

The specs for the LINK ii:

Technical Specifications
  • Inputs:
  • 2 x USB inputs
  • 1 x USB B detox input
  • Ethernet input
  • 18v 1amp- 1.5amp DC input
  • Outputs
  • 1 x dedicated USB audio output
  • HDMI output for connection to TV/video monitor/touch screens for control (not
  • i2s)
  • Streaming Protocols and Services
  • • Shairport-sync (Apple compatibility)
  • Roon ready (In progress)
  • UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
  • Gapless Playback
  • On-Device Playlist
  • MQA (only if DAC supports hardware unfolding)
  • TIDAL, Spotify, Qobuz
  • Web radio: Shoutcast
  • Communication Protocols
  • Ethernet
  • USB
  • Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n/d/e/h/i
  • Bluetooth – Classic + EDR v2.1, v3.0, v4.0 and Low Energy
  • Supported Audio File formats:
  • Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
  • PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF Compressed (lossy)
  • Audio: MP3, AAC (in M4A container) MQA (only if DAC supports hardware unfolding)
  • Price: £725
Manufactured by Stack Audio

URL: stackaudio.co.uk

Sorry if I am just regurgitating what was already known to everyone here. I knew he had worked on the Stack Link Streamer/Detox but not that he had updated his work for use in the Stack Link ii.

advertisement

Back