advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Went to QPR to see Boro give one their worst performances in years in the first half. Fought back in the second half but alas the damage was done.

Whatever the result I love being there, there’s a load of away games before Christmas that we can travel to, hopefully we can get tickets each time.

Cheers BB

Sorry to hear that Mull. I'm just into week 5 and after 3 weeks of virtually no progress (or 1 day good, 2 days bad...), things seem to be getting better on a day by day basis. Not over doing the stretching exercises and plenty of cold packs seems to be working. Still limited walking though, but have managed a few revolutions on a static bike, albeit on the highest seat setting.

It does seem that the one common factor is that there is no common factor. Recovery seems to take a different path for each individual and I've certainly experienced the 1 step forward 2 back thing.
At present I'm really struggling to bend the knee as far as previously, but on the positive side have got confident enough to move around the house carefully without crutches. (Except for stairs)

Replacement knees can be a real pain, thank goodness no sign of infection mull which is the killer..hopefully rest will help .5 weeks is not that long with all your other health conditions

Thanks for that. Of course the reality is that 'it is what it is' and just has to be dealt with. I have my 6 week follow up appt. with , I assume, the surgeon or his team next Weds. II'll explore a couple of issues with them andmy 1:1 physio wants to see me immediately after.
Meanwhile I got a call out of the blue from a young lady who introduced herself as a 'Heart Failure Nurse'. An encouraging title...:(...she also wants to see me on Weds, to discuss optimising my meds. Seems my Cardio Consultant has discharged me into her care.. He's told her I have peripheral oedema, which I don't.. so t should be interesting to see what else he's got wrong...:D
Onwards and upwards!!

It does seem that the one common factor is that there is no common factor. Recovery seems to take a different path for each individual and I've certainly experienced the 1 step forward 2 back thing.
At present I'm really struggling to bend the knee as far as previously, but on the positive side have got confident enough to move around the house carefully without crutches. (Except for stairs)

Thanks for that. Of course the reality is that 'it is what it is' and just has to be dealt with. I have my 6 week follow up appt. with , I assume, the surgeon or his team next Weds. II'll explore a couple of issues with them andmy 1:1 physio wants to see me immediately after.
Meanwhile I got a call out of the blue from a young lady who introduced herself as a 'Heart Failure Nurse'. An encouraging title...:(...she also wants to see me on Weds, to discuss optimising my meds. Seems my Cardio Consultant has discharged me into her care.. He's told her I have peripheral oedema, which I don't.. so t should be interesting to see what else he's got wrong...:D
Onwards and upwards!!
My wife was under the care of a heart failure nurse for a couple of years or so. Exemplary care. Incredibly knowledgable and caring.

2 girls who I am friendly with have had the knee op. One last Thursday, the other 2 years ago. The latter is over the moon with hers and can almost bend her leg double (no comments!) The one last Thursday is still in a lot of pain but happy it's over. Done in the brand new Ascot Heatherwood hospital.

Taking it easy recovering from my first real bout of atrial fibrillation that took me from the yoghourt aisle in Waitrose to the local A&E for 7 hours*! Took that long for 2 ECGs, a blood sample and a dose of a drug to slow my heart rate. Not going to criticise the staff who were under-resourced and never stopped charging around to get stuff done.

* yes, I’ve heard all the jokes about the price of Greek-style yoghourt…..

Starting to feel quite nervous now! Today I am doing a 15000ft skydive! Aaaaah!

Sort of came up with the plan on a whim and it has been cancelled 3 times previously due to COVID or poor weather. However, today the weather is awesome and so I will almost certainly be doing it.

Never done it before. Now shitting my pants somewhat!

Cruising along the coast near Paphos. A stop for a swim and bit of snorkeling with the boy, wife did not fancy the getting wet bit. Was near the end of the runway, so the boy did a bit of planespotting as a bonus. Nice BBQ lunch on board, bar is inclusive in the trip. Now slowly cruising back to Paphos harbour.

Last edited:
Taking it easy recovering from my first real bout of atrial fibrillation that took me from the yoghourt aisle in Waitrose to the local A&E for 7 hours*! Took that long for 2 ECGs, a blood sample and a dose of a drug to slow my heart rate. Not going to criticise the staff who were under-resourced and never stopped charging around to get stuff done.

Good to hear they stabilised you. I assume further investigations will follow?
My brother has that condition and was eventually much improved by a touch of 'cardiac ablation'

Starting to feel quite nervous now! Today I am doing a 15000ft skydive! Aaaaah!

Sort of came up with the plan on a whim and it has been cancelled 3 times previously due to COVID or poor weather. However, today the weather is awesome and so I will almost certainly be doing it.

Never done it before. Now shitting my pants somewhat!

If my asthmatic daughter, who is registered blind, can do it...then so can you!!!

Obviously I can't, because I'm a wimp .
But you can!!

Magnet fishing with Hugh fearnly whistlinstone and Dj Brandon block, already lost a magnet.

Don't be disheartened. At least you caught a magnet before it became the one that got away. Try to play the next one more carefully..
Oh..hang on...

Couldnt afford the 15k the mayor wants to climb mont blonc ..( deposit to cover rescue and funeral costs ) so caught the train up. Rack and pinion .incredible views .

Altogether 10 trains today including 3 rack and pinion , the one in leysin was so steep you could barely standup straught getting off

I've been up that one several times. I had a friend with an chalet in Leysin, straight opposite the lifts!

Good to hear they stabilised you. I assume further investigations will follow?
My brother has that condition and was eventually much improved by a touch of 'cardiac ablation'

Thanks Mull! Not terribly unexpected as it’s in the family but still a shock to get the first big one when I was out on my own. Ablation is probably a way off as with luck the right drugs will keep it under control. Does mean a more moderate life from now on as I’m on blood thinners plus the need to avoid overstimulation (oooh nurse!) until it’s under control.

wow , hopefully drugs like digoxin may help

Met a ps audio fan in the alps today as you do !! Big fan of the bhk pre ...

Then travelled with various folks including sweetie machine maker to zermatt where we had a toblerone with the matterhorn on just under the matterhorn .

Noticed some remarkable barns on stone discs to stop the rats i guess

advertisement

Back