advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Yesterday I went through Checkpoint Charlie to the East (Midlands) to pick up a clock-related eBay purchase. I noted that blurring the boundary between hobby and obsession isn’t something limited to certain pfm’ers, and that rugs tie rooms together in Clockland too.

52245632560_03fb7bd44a_z.jpg

just finished, spent all afternoon writing business cases to get 3 of our Profs pay scale uplifts.

Last night went down the road to visit my mate (took him a few cans of his favourite Guiness), who is recoveringfrom major ankle and leg surgery after a serious assault earlier this year. He has 2 long pins and 3 plates plus assorted bolts ...etc

Your friend has my full sympathy, and I hope that the 'perps' get their just deserts.

Yesterday I went through Checkpoint Charlie to the East (Midlands) to pick up a clock-related eBay purchase. I noted that blurring the boundary between hobby and obsession isn’t something limited to certain pfm’ers, and that rugs tie rooms together in Clockland too.

I genuinely hope you got permission to post photos of someone else's home on a public website.

Your friend has my full sympathy, and I hope that the 'perps' get their just deserts.

thank you - Dave has lost his livelihood and his mobility due to a violent assault. He was on our backroad (where the garages are) emptying his van of his tools, and two youths on a motorbike asked him to move. He asked for a minute to take the last toolbox out. They didn't want to wait, so violently assaulted him smashing his ankle and lower leg. They proceeded to throw rocks at a defenceless man laying in agony on the floor.

My bike accident recovery may have had a bit of a setback. The right hip has become tender, Dr Google suggests that I have bursitis. So cold packs and anti-inflammatory gels look like being the order of day.

I don't know what it is with physios.. I've seen the lovely Sophie twice and on both occasions she has been gentle and considered in her ministrations. And yet, in both cases the following day has seen my knee so swollen as to seriously limit movement and the ability to exercise.
This brings me onto a question for those with suitable experience. Is it advisable to use a tight/ compressive knee cuff or sleeve after surgery, to reduce swelling?

I don't know what it is with physios.. I've seen the lovely Sophie twice and on both occasions she has been gentle and considered in her ministrations. And yet, in both cases the following day has seen my knee so swollen as to seriously limit movement and the ability to exercise.
This brings me onto a question for those with suitable experience. Is it advisable to use a tight/ compressive knee cuff or sleeve after surgery, to reduce swelling?
Just use cold packs. This will happen, but lessens as you progress.

Sitting outside with an iced coffee and I’m pretty sure I’ve just seen a red kite hovering round (and seemingly taking a good look at me.) I’d heard rumours they had spread here to mid-Warwickshire, but I hadn’t seen one this far north before.

I bet that sounds great. I used to work near the Guildhall when they had a clock museum there. I'd sometimes sneak off to enjoy ten minutes of soothing ticking sounds.

I wonder why the second clock from the left is showing a different time.

Sitting outside with an iced coffee and I’m pretty sure I’ve just seen a red kite hovering round (and seemingly taking a good look at me.) I’d heard rumours they had spread here to mid-Warwickshire, but I hadn’t seen one this far north before.

They are certainly spreading. I regularly saw them West of London but have seen them further North over the past few years. I saw my first one in Kent about 3 weeks ago, hopefully I'll see one close to home soon.

Cheers BB

They are certainly spreading. I regularly saw them West of London but have seen them further North over the past few years. I saw my first one in Kent about 3 weeks ago, hopefully I'll see one close to home soon.

Cheers BB

loads round here in central Herts. We see them on a daily basis. Yesterday, one swooped so low, i thought it was going to come through my office window

taken last year when i was lucky enough to have the camera out

00000023 (2) by uh_simon, on Flickr

advertisement

Back