advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
52102113330_d672cbeaf3_b.jpg

Where are you? There's a very post-industrial (coal?) look about it.
Sorry, only just seen your post, it’s on a viewing point created on top of the old Prince of Wales colliery site, Pontefract, on top of the slag heap. It doesn’t look it in the photos, but it’s an amazing view, especially for someone who has lived here 54 years (well, next door in Castleford) and never seen this view before.

Just proves that you take great landscape photos with the camera in portrait mode.
I think it's something to do with depth in the picture, a portrait format allows for a long leading line, mid-ground and distance, as in the Kentmere Valley picture above.

follow-on from my last post. Same evening, I changed my viewpoint and made this one. It's simple stuff, and I haven't done one for years.

52186928261_e59707a219_b.jpg

Nikon D810, AF-Nikkor 24-70 f2.8G @ 35mm, Manfrotto 055. 15sec at f22, ISO200. On flickr, all rights reserved.

Cycleway auspisciously desolate at 5.45pm on a workday.

Were these done with your Nik scanner via VueScan by any chance?
(only asking as they look like the results from mine before I had it serviced)

yes and post processed elsewhere. I am scanning for Flickr/online display only. I already have a set of prints. I have so many rolls of film to scan, that it is volume over quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back