Status
Not open for further replies.
MS01NjI1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Label: Science Friction – HUCD019
Format: CD, Album, Reissue, Remastered
Released: 1995
Genre: Rock
Style: Folk Rock, Classic Rock, Prog Rock

I have a 1975 original copy of this great album, on heavy weight vinyl. They don’t make them like that now for a standard issue album, unless you can find a 180gram kicking about for a premium price.

Naim Radio. This casual access to quality sound and music for peanuts still charms me.
I always use the limitless smorgasbord that is internet radio to listen to stuff that is totally outside my wheelhouse. Like Goa Trance or US police radio comms.

Never really paid any attention to Norah Jones before but I'm rather enjoying this in a sitting around drinking tea on a lazy morning sort of way.

Alexis Petridis' review in The Graun also made me smile - a textbook example of Music Hack Snobbery. The dig at Sade is the real giveaway.

Jones seems less like an heir to the throne of Ella Fitzgerald than a millennial version of Sade: a beautiful female vocalist whose exoticism and jazz chops are somewhat undermined by the knowledge that she makes the sort of music that middle managers from Basingstoke put on in the background when they think they're going to get their leg over. 1 out of 5.

MC04MDE5LmpwZWc.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back