advertisement

R2 Afternoon to Change.

I used to find him quite good about 30 years ago as the ‘zoo’ format was still quite new. Things have changed but he hasn’t. Odd looking chap, always looked like he was wearing a joke shop glasses & nose combo.

Zoe Ball, dear god how has she managed to steal a living for so long? Utterly terrible.

I rarely listen to music radio these days, it’s just old hat.

I understand why he bugs people but i don't mind him too much. Maybe it's because it takes me back to when i was younger and the good old radio 1 days..
Mind you the talking over the music has always annoyed me. Shut the hell up mate, i haven't heard that song for ages and you've just interrupted the best bit grrrrrrrrrrrr.:mad:

Steve Wright is appalling. How he’s survived without being shuffled to an early hours of the morning slot is beyond me. The only time I listen to Radio 2 is on a Saturday morning when Dermot and Claudia are on. Then it’s swiftly turned off before Paul “not guilty” Gambaccini’s show starts.

The R2 of the 70s was like aural comfort food. I would so love to just have it on in the background now to take me back to my childhood. I remember a time when its output was truly eclectic, when JY would occasionally play a bit of Mozart or Elizabethan Serenade etc. Now it's just R1 lite - understandable as it's now catering to the kids who grew up with Wright on R1 and are now middle-aged. The audience for the R2 I miss are all dead, I suppose.

I quite like Ryland on a Saturday, he's genuinely enjoying himself and having fun with his guests. I'll not miss Wrighty, should have been pastured a decade ago

Jo Whilley's excellent I think.
god, no: Jo has been sucking at her teeth at 10s intervals into the mic for 30yrs - long since before Steve Lamacq left the one good R1 show. Once noticed, can't be unheard...

...a horrid mannerism for Radio (curious when, unusually for most on radio - she does has the kind of face, & grace, that is great for TV.)

The only R1 DJ I had time for after John Peel died was Mark Ratcliffe. He's got a good radio voice and a great sense of humour.

I'm sure it's not my imagination but has anyone noticed that Steve Wright changes the settings on his show so that it's barely in stereo? The difference compared to, say, Jamie Cullum's show is quite drastic.

advertisement

Back