advertisement

Wimbledon 2022

When slagging off the Greeks remember that they made the highest contribution to NATO by percentage of GDP in 2021. Higher than the US. Obviously being a small and not particularly wealthy country their contribution is dwarfed in cash terms but that is not cheating.

Barring accidents, it's looking more and more like (yet another) Rafa v Novak contest. Berettini may have come into the equation; unfortunate! Is there anyone else in round three who presents a challenge to those two?

When slagging off the Greeks remember that they made the highest contribution to NATO by percentage of GDP in 2021. Higher than the US. Obviously being a small and not particularly wealthy country their contribution is dwarfed in cash terms but that is not cheating.

:rolleyes:

Barring accidents, it's looking more and more like (yet another) Rafa v Novak contest. Berettini may have come into the equation; unfortunate! Is there anyone else in round three who presents a challenge to those two?
Alcaraz is currently demolishing Otte....

As Norrie has just demolished Johnson in straight sets. Broady is/was flying too, but still, versus Rafa and Novak.........?
Has to happen sometime...if Alcaraz plays to his top level it might happen. He'll go out in the next round now. :rolleyes:

Just realised my dark horse prediction Shapovalov has been dumped out yesterday. :eek:
Alcaraz look immense today, as young version of Nadal, Djoko just cruised it,
interesting 2nd week.

.if Alcaraz plays to his top level it might happen.
Alcaraz look immense today, as young version of Nadal

Saw a bit of his match and heard commentary to endorse what you're saying. I must bookmark his next showing regardless of conflicting other matches involving Brits, which won't suit 'er indoors if there's a clash. Some matches (mainly women's, understandably) are like watching courts dry, but if it involves home talent........:rolleyes:

Saw a bit of his match and heard commentary to endorse what you're saying. I must bookmark his next showing regardless of conflicting other matches involving Brits, which won't suit 'er indoors if there's a clash. Some matches (mainly women's, understandably) are like watching courts dry, but if it involves home talent........:rolleyes:
The power and precision is very impressive but I feel the way he plays is very abrasive ala Nadal,
maybe it’s a Spanish trait, “the passion” but it takes a lot out of your body,
it’s o.k. if you are fit 19yr old but sooner or later, that style of play will catch up with you.

The ladies game is a bit hit and miss, mostly miss for me,
i can’t understand how you start playing the game at 5yrs old but can’t toss a ball consistently to serve,
there was a game on the first day that the girl was clearly tossing the ball too far in the court and hitting the net,
even the commentator quipped you’d think she would adjust her toss,
nah…if the ladies want the same prize money, them give them the option of playing in the mens pool.

Hi, a bit late in the day BUT, what happened to that guy with the massive serve who beat mr Murry, i wanted to see him again, to see if anyone had a plan to beat his serving game, might be able to pick some of it up on you-tube

Hi, a bit late in the day BUT, what happened to that guy with the massive serve who beat mr Murry, i wanted to see him again, to see if anyone had a plan to beat his serving game, might be able to pick some of it up on you-tube
Jannik Sinner put him out in straight sets.

advertisement

Back