advertisement

Scottish Politics II

Question Time is full of sinister fanatics from all political parties. Not to mention the audience.

I love the way you've totally ignored the points that I made in the main lump of both that, and my previous posts - because you have no answer to them - and homed, with laser-like precision, into the juicy distraction of Farage, and your favoured bully-boy meme of hanging junk. You are amusingly predictable.

I take it in summary that you do not believe in PR, a written constitution, and the abolition of the HoL?

A member not responding? Surely not.

Question Time is full of sinister fanatics from all political parties. Not to mention the audience.

Forget the platform, it’s irrelevant. This is a senior figure in the SNP. Listen to what he says. On one level I do hope he succeeds in his mission.

Forget the platform, it’s irrelevant. This is a senior figure in the SNP. Listen to what he says. On one level I do hope he succeeds in his mission.
Angus Robertson will imho be the first Prime Minister of Scotland. As soon as he stood for election to the Scottish Parliament he took Ruth Davidson’s seat from the Conservatives.

Anyway, it appears that I've allowed myself to be drawn, in characteristic pfm bunny holeism, a bit off-topic.

There were questions about Scotland, by means of some miraculous conjuring of long spent oil revenues that didn't anyway belong to her, meeting the strict economic criteria of EU entry, and thus having to place a hard border against its biggest export market.

They didn't, by means of above-mentioned bunnyholeism, ever really get addressed. It is a not unimportant point.

Sea boundaries, interim joint development zones and the division of remaining oil/gas assets etc will be agreed accordingly should Scotland vote to leave the Union. This will guarantee a certain level of revenue as long as oil and gas remain relevant. We wouldn't be 'here' though if Thatcher had created a sovereign wealth fund as significant monies would have been on tap to help Scotland's transition to independence.

An unsettled country like Ukraine is nowhere near meeting EU entry requirements, yet the direction of travel is clear. A settled country like Scotland is in a much stronger position and is more than capable of negotiating with a benign EU to secure membership. To think otherwise is to underestimate the Scots (and the EU).

As for borders, high-tech solutions employed in Northern Ireland will just be copied and pasted. I'm sure you will agree that this is a credible and workable solution.

It's a shame you introduced the Farage deflection as it has taken the thread in a bit of an unfortunate direction.

The comic on the QT panel would be a better choice for PM. As the SNP seem unwilling / unable to tackle the problem, at least folk could legally be off their faces.

The comic on the QT panel would be a better choice for PM. As the SNP seem unwilling / unable to tackle the problem, at least folk could legally be off their faces.
You seem unusually aroused by voting choices in Scotland and display similar contradictions to much of the Conservative/UKIP Brexit demographic- Scotland can’t be allowed to leave ( cos strategic) and ungrateful Scotland should bugger off. Of course there’s a third position which is more of a posture- “well if that’s their choice good luck” which seems to evaporate at the fist sign of a breeze.

If Scotland wants to go, it should go. The question takes up far too much time, energy and money for half the population of London. As I said, there will be a once a decade ref until it finally happens so best crack on with it.

If Scotland wants to go, it should go. The question takes up far too much time, energy and money for half the population of London. As I said, there will be a once a decade ref until it finally happens so best crack on with it.
Yet it’s like fly paper. I go back to my point about who starts the threads on Scottish politics and who uses them and what they get out of it.

advertisement

Back