advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
More commentary on Brexit's impact on trade. The EU publishes some trade data, Lord Frost mentions something about an axe.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/30/brexit-uk-exports-fall-eu-goods-services

It's brillant stuff really. I am also loving Mick Lynch calling out the Tory Brexit government for what they really are. Bludgeoning through the media like a knife through soft butter. He also I think skillfully puts it up to Starmer.

But all the Brexiteers have abandoned this thread and are focusing on trying to switch the conversation to anything but the mess of Brexit and the Tory government.
Ignoring Mick and hoping he will go away seems to be the policy. I wish the man was 40 not 60 but he just might be the start of a movement.

Legally binding bilateral agreements- You what now?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...25th-anniversary-of-the-handover-of-hong-kong

UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said:
Today marks 25 years since the handover of Hong Kong. China agreed under the legally-binding Sino-British Joint Declaration to uphold Hong Kong’s high degree of autonomy and rights and freedoms.
That is why we continue to challenge China for breaching the legally-binding commitments it signed up to under the Joint Declaration.

Legally binding bilateral agreements- You what now?
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...25th-anniversary-of-the-handover-of-hong-kong

UK Foreign Secretary Liz Truss said:
Today marks 25 years since the handover of Hong Kong. China agreed under the legally-binding Sino-British Joint Declaration to uphold Hong Kong’s high degree of autonomy and rights and freedoms.
That is why we continue to challenge China for breaching the legally-binding commitments it signed up to under the Joint Declaration.
The face that launched two aircraft carriers.

The face that launched two aircraft carriers.

The face that launched 1000 shits:
ETQp5l3XQAIZcQf.jpg

It's brillant stuff really. I am also loving Mick Lynch calling out the Tory Brexit government for what they really are. Bludgeoning through the media like a knife through soft butter. He also I think skillfully puts it up to Starmer.

But all the Brexiteers have abandoned this thread and are focusing on trying to switch the conversation to anything but the mess of Brexit and the Tory government.
Ignoring Mick and hoping he will go away seems to be the policy. I wish the man was 40 not 60 but he just might be the start of a movement.

Mick is leader-in-waiting for the Labour left. Much better with the meedya than previous management.

The Brexiteers have decamped to the Scotland thread. One of them is even trumpeting Farage.

Anyway, another titbit for this thread:

"RTE Europe Editor Tony Connelly tweeted: 'The UK is due to pay €10.9billion to the European Union this year as part of the Brexit financial settlement, according to figures published today. That will mean an estimated outstanding bill of €30.9 billion on 1 January 2023.'"

Mick is leader-in-waiting for the Labour left. Much better with the meedya than previous management.

The Brexiteers have decamped to the Scotland thread. One of them is even trumpeting Farage.

Anyway, another titbit for this thread:

"RTE Europe Editor Tony Connelly tweeted: 'The UK is due to pay €10.9billion to the European Union this year as part of the Brexit financial settlement, according to figures published today. That will mean an estimated outstanding bill of €30.9 billion on 1 January 2023.'"
The Scottish politics thread is their fly paper of choice. it’s a matter of when not if the current UK govt implodes, before or after a debilitating trade war with Europe.
The Tories have spent the last 2 years frantically searching for deflections to pin on both Labour and the SNP.

Can you imagine if Sturgeon and her husband had been partying at her official residence, illegally and on the eve of the Queen burying her husband? If they had diverted billions in public money to her friends and relatives operating shell companies in Scotland to supply PPE that later had to be burned because it was unfit to use and she’s had a succession of lovers behind her husband’s back whom she was paying with public cash for sex with?

The Scottish politics thread is their fly paper of choice. it’s a matter of when not if the current UK govt implodes, before or after a debilitating trade war with Europe.
The Tories have spent the last 2 years frantically searching for deflections to pin on both Labour and the SNP.

Can you imagine if Sturgeon and her husband had been partying at her official residence, illegally and on the eve of the Queen burying her husband? If they had diverted billions in public money to her friends and relatives operating shell companies in Scotland to supply PPE that later had to be burned because it was unfit to use and she’s had a succession of lovers behind her husband’s back whom she was paying with public cash for sex with?

Makes you wonder why Scotland wants rid. NI and Wales next.

One of the crew casually dismisses all that as 'Sure doesn't every politician lie' . Sort of deranged stuff really. Look anywhere but were the real problems are.

Maybe she has. She could engage me for sex, she's not a bad looking sort, I'd have a go. I wouldn't even need paying, if she bought dinner that'd be more than enough.

To be fair she'd have to do something about being married first, but that's just me.

No Steve, just….no. For King and Country at a pinch, maybe.

Well since Liz and her buddies seem to have been doing it to the entire UK populace for some time now - perhaps only reasonable someone should venture to return the favour ?

Inflation now baked into the U.K. economy thanks to Brexit as the @rse falls out of the pound:

FT: “Trend hinges on departure from single market”-

HNiaokS.jpg

eA212Od.jpg

What we predicted exactly, unfortunately. The people who sold Brexit to the British were idiots. The British were fooled. A disaster.

They were not idiots at all: they got what they wanted. Everyone else will pay the price.
Let us see how much damage a Govt can cause in 5 years. But it is 'OK because we can vote them out'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back