advertisement

Ban on petrol and diesel cars from 2030

Why not make cars nuclear-powered?
The mind boggles at so many potential mobile nuclear weapons! In nuclear power plants and in nuclear-powered ships, uranium is enriched to a very mild degree, around 5%. However, to make a nuclear reactor that can fit in a submarine, weapons-grade (90%) enrichment is needed. A car would need something similar. It would certainly endow the vehicle with explosive performance...

There was a guy in the UK who kept chickens and ran his car on the methane gas produced by their shit. Will that be still legal?

The big gas bag on top of the car will be the likely issue as much as anything else!

YT3.gif

8 year before the end of petrol and diesel , Don't make me laugh

In new cars etc
Yes indeed. Oh, and you don't like the new electric vehicles? That's fine, you can keep your diesel car. Road tax this year is £300. Next year it's £400, and the year after that £500, with fuel at £5 a litre. You still want it? Be my guest if you do. You don't? No, thought not.
They did it with petrol cars, they will do it again with diesel and the modern turbo triples that are very common in small cars. I toughed it out in a Mondeo, paying my elevated VED. Well done Steve, you saved an old car from the scrapper for a few years and all it cost you was a load of fuel duty and extra VED.

Yes indeed. Oh, and you don't like the new electric vehicles? That's fine, you can keep your diesel car. Road tax this year is £300. Next year it's £400, and the year after that £500, with fuel at £5 a litre. You still want it? Be my guest if you do. You don't? No, thought not.
They did it with petrol cars, they will do it again with diesel and the modern turbo triples that are very common in small cars. I toughed it out in a Mondeo, paying my elevated VED. Well done Steve, you saved an old car from the scrapper for a few years and all it cost you was a load of fuel duty and extra VED.

Not exactly. Cars first registered before March 2001 are still at 180/295 for smaller/larger engined vehicles and vehicles over 40 years old are zero rated.

I owned a Nissan leaf for 18 months , How many electric cars have you owned Stevec67 ?

In Asia any decent flat has dedicated car parking spaces underneath. We have 60 floor blocks in KL these days
The UK has not figured out how to do good hi-rise for some reason.

It's hard to do underground parking when the soil is drenched all year round... An then there's all those NIMBYs.

advertisement

Back