advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

Today - a wee sortie across the border in order to stock up with life’s day-to-day necessities.

52184379931_676d5f2440.jpg

Are you in St.Valery.

How long did that take?
No, not far from St Valery. Cross-country it’s about 90 miles and took two hours to get there. Longer coming back as I diverted into the suburbs of Lille where there is a merchant who sells l’Amourier.

Another step forward in dealing with Heather's affairs. Managed to sell her car today, the process with Webuyanycar was relatively easy and the price was reasonable being nearer top book price than bottom.

The last couple of days I've been a bit emotional at times as another part of her was going.However if I hadn't sold it today I would have had to tax it tonight and I don't need two cars. Though it was very useful to have an automatic car after my bike accident as it got me mobile several weeks earlier than if I had to drive my own Skoda Octavia manual.

I remember laughing when I saw the car she had just bought. Her Fiesta was in the colour Ford called Squeeze (a bright metallic green). The colour had it's advantages, easily spotted in car parks, and a useful landmark when people were coming to the house. Heather's mum found it easy to find as her eyesight failed.

beautiful walk on the hills first thing . then a gas service and reinforcement of flue by gas engineer

had a coffee break with family member and then spent a long time with a lovely elderly couple looking at housing options for the future

...walking on crutches.
Had my final crutch training with physio today. Then had a walkabout to see what I'd been unable to see whilst in my room. Ie.where I was.
Then I came home, tackled the stairs, figured out how to get in and out of our over bath shower safely and finally had a shower.
Am now officially f****d. But clean.
Enough for one day I think.
Came home with enough morphine and codeine to floor a Shire Horse, but since I only had paracetamol and ibuprofen today..I might risk a drop of gin tonight.

Day at Head Office today and then collected Father In Law and his wife from Heathrow, they’re here from Sydney for a month. Not seen them for 3 years so it will be good to have them.

Cheers BB

Just attempting my first ever made yorkshires, carnage im expecting :oops:.

How did it go? I gave up trying to get it right decades ago and resorted to the frozen jobs. Now I don’t bother at all. My belief is they’re from a time when the oven was on every day.

Not too bad, may have put a bit too much mixture in the tins bit thicker than i like. They rose well and went the correct shape.

Took the wife's Qashqai for MOT. Sods law, the airbag light that has been off since I got it reset at the local garage on Tuesday, and has behaved since, came back on flashing on the way to the MOT. When I got there, I did the quick reset by turning ignition key on, then straight off as soon as the light comes on (3 times), and crossed my fingers it would stay off for the MOT. It worked! But car failed on split CV joint boot. 3rd time a boot has split on her car. So now not sure to have a go myself, or back to the garage. Sandicliffe Nissan Nottingham can't get one till Tuesday, and Loughborough never called back, and I have rung numerous times to get voicemail, even though they are supposed to be open until 5. I hate crap service. Got it booked in for the airbag to be looked at by Nissan, so that ain't gonna be cheap. So got 10 days before retest deadline to sort the boot. The failure is not classed as dangerous, so still have a couple of weeks MOT left

lounged watching tennis. Went to St Albans on the bus, Ye Olde Fighting Cocks has reopened. Walked by the lakes, lovely fledgling geese and swans.....

Then to one of my favourites Lower Red Lion in a really quiet spot of St Albans (St Michaels) - lovely. Back into to town soon.

advertisement

Back