advertisement

Wimbledon 2022

To have a chance, Murray needed Isner’s First Serve percentage to drop.
And second! His second serves were above 120!
Sad to see Murray humiliated like that. Injury has wrecked his career.
The H word is a bit strong. Isner would have challenged anyone today. It is a shame about the way injury has impacted Andy's game.

Class from Isner: "It is no secret I am not a better player than Murray, I may have just been a little better than him today. It was an incredible honour to play him.

"I need to relish these moments, this was one of the biggest wins of my career. To play as well as I did against one of the greatest players ever is a huge accomplishment for me.

"He is a massive inspiration for us in the locker room and we are lucky to still have him around. I had an incredible serving day and I needed every bit of it to beat him.

"This be at the very top for me."

It is a shame about the way injury has impacted Andy's game.

Maybe, but I think he played a superb game with some amazing Murray moves and also had surprising stamina. Andy had an unfortunate draw for Wimbles this year and at 37, John Isner seems unflappable, with his combination of massive serve and deft hand-skills. There really wasn't much in the that match tonight.

I feel sorry for Raducanu, all that weight on such young shoulders.

I don't know if she has totally sorted her coaching and backup situation yet, but she looked to be lacking both fitness and strength. The talent is there in spades, but the tour treadmill is relentless even without the expectation.

My daughter was there on a School trip Monday and Tuesday saw Gauff and then Kvitova on court 2. Kvitova is an outside shout, I think, but Swiatek will take some beating...

^ Raducanu needs a serious coach and to stay the course. A great shot every now and then won't win matches at this level. Every aspect needs to be worked at.

^ Raducanu needs a serious coach and to stay the course. A great shot every now and then won't win matches at this level. Every aspect needs to be worked at.

She's had run of dreadful luck with injuries on top of covid. I guess that's having a teenage body in an age where serious strength and fitness reign. She never had a chance from the start and it was incredibly unfair to build her up the way that some people did. I fully agree about a coach - I wonder if her dad has too much influence...

I assume Raducanu will be swamped by the best Exercise Physiologists, Conditioning experts & Physios. in the UK. A recent newspaper article rather cruelly suggested she didnt care. I think the lack of a coach but more importantly an appropriate sports psychologist would potentially be of most value.
While I'm not comfortable with the newspaper article, the lack of a consistent coach and more importantly an attitude that comes across to me as " Im only 19 and everything is fine" . NO it isnt if you want to be the best in the World.
Like everyone I think she is a delightful 19 year old, and I truly hope all comes good for her in time.

Let’s hope she takes stock from all the set backs since U.S. open,
I can’t help but feel her main rivals has upped their level Swiatek, Fernandez & co,
another thing that doesn’t bode well is her frequent injury breakdowns for a young elite athlete,
she really have to put in place a good backroom staff and maybe sack her dad if he’s interfering with coach appointments and stuff,
i am just surmising of course.

Moving on, shame Andy has gone but I stated right from my first post he doesn’t look right,
there’s lots being said the new sensation Alcaraz but I think Shapovalov is the real danger man,
there’s also the the cheating Greek Tsitsipas and theres Fritz who’s quietly doing great things,
Novak will not have it easy, looking forward to the 2nd week now the wheat has been separated from the chaff.

advertisement

Back