advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the EU and Ireland are Papist. Is the Pope Catholic?
Spot on, it’s a Popish Plot and the Provos are back fighting a dirty war in Ireland,

3SHSdGz.jpg

…and all that garlic and olive oil? I only have one thing to say,

Of course, Ulster - the six counties of NI and Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal - has a majority Catholic population - so Paisley, Donaldson and the others who spout the ‘NO’ message are wrong!

Spot on, it’s a Popish Plot and the Provos are back fighting a dirty war in Ireland,

3SHSdGz.jpg

…and all that garlic and olive oil? I only have one thing to say,

That Paisley one will never lose its impact. A roaring rhinoceros and we all thought he was the last relic. Even he mellowed out toward the end.

Of course, Ulster - the six counties of NI and Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal - has a majority Catholic population - so Paisley, Donaldson and the others who spout the ‘NO’ message are wrong!
The reason why, a century ago, those three counties were excluded from the new Northern Ireland - the British wanted a statelet that was predominantly Protestant and would remain so.

That reminds me of the old joke we about the Rt Reverend getting up one Sunday morning and accidentally putting his false teeth in back to front. Stood up to give the Sunday sermon, launched into it with his usual relish, and had damn near half the back of his head chewed off before he realised his mistake.. :)

Love it I have fond memories of some of the Brexity gloating at that time. They were advised that it was a long race but they preferred to be fooled again by their special Boris person.
The Boris mantra on Brexit is, “ A lie a day keeps Starmer away”

That reminds me of the old joke we about the Rt Reverend getting up one Sunday morning and accidentally putting his false teeth in back to front. Stood up to give the Sunday sermon, launched into it with his usual relish, and had damn near half the back of his head chewed off before he realised his mistake.. :)

Also reminds me of the time when Rev Paisley's wife went for a dental appointment.

"Good day, Mrs Paisley. How's the mouth?" asked the dentist. "He's still in bed", she replied.

As Johnson’s blatant lies about the vaccines ( we couldn’t have done it inside the EU, the EU was trying to stop us) fade from public memory, the public will refocus on the wreckage of Brexit.

Same with Johnson’s exploitation of Ukraine in order to appear as a phoney Churchill.

intrerestingly in the article the slow change in opinion has been put down to generational change. Give it time!

UK Real Household Incomes Fall for an Unprecedented 4th Quarter
UK household incomes fell for a fourth consecutive quarter at the start of 2022, the longest run of declines since records began in 1955, as the cost of living crisis worsened.
Adjusted for inflation, disposable incomes dropped 0.2% in the first three months of the year, the Office for National Statistics said Thursday. It left incomes 1.3% lower than a year, even before April’s tax and energy bill increases kicked in.

(Bloomberg)

It’s remarkable- three political leaders in Europe are threatening to or are actually taking their governments beyond the jurisdiction of the European Convention on Human Rights, the institution created in large part by Britain in the wake of WW2 to protect the rights of citizens that had been stripped from them by the Nazis.

They are Vladimir Putin, Aleksandr Lukashenko and Boris Johnson.

The British right wing press is agitating as they did for Brexit:

TBf9zfu.jpg

Who would have imagined that any British govt could sink to this level in their lifetime?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-rwanda-echr-rights-b2101658.html
All options on the table’: Downing Street confirms Boris Johnson considering withdrawal from human rights treaty

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back