advertisement

Lu's Thread

Our rescue dog was called Fifi !! Quickly renamed Pheobe.

LLLLOL

My neighbours have a sort of Yorkie - GREAT fun, as I am 99% sure he isn't pure. He is called Bear. They are thinking of getting something like a Rotti or Dob' and calling it Fifi!!!

Good for you George, sounds like you'll both be good for each other. I wish you both a long and happy time together.

Well, thanks for all the posts in the past George, but since you'll soon be too knackered to write, I'll just end by wishing Loo good luck with retraining George, and George good luck loo training Loo!

LLLLOL

Patterdales aren't really a breed, as such, they were a reasonably uniform bunch of terriers bred by Brian Plummer for ratting.
Indeed. Patterdales are all colours and shapes; up here in The Lakes they're generally called Lakeland or Fell terriers.

Thank you for such lovely replies.

I have got a new cage [unused] for free so she can go with me in the car. And I'll get some balls as she loves fetching things. I am lucky to have open common land right by my flat so no need to go far for exercise! There are no sheep anymore so that means long off-lead runs are easy. With one main road to cross [A44], I can do a five mile loop on common ground along the Bromyard Downs. Just as lovely as Malvern Hills, but really the people are down to earth and friendly round here. Malvern can be a bit posh for my liking! Also loads of friendly dogs ...

I knew that when I chose to move here, I would have a dog one day, but I held off till I knew I could afford any thundering vet bills, if she is poorly.

Only three days to go before mayhem!

Best wishes from George

PS: I grew up on a farm and we had Jack Russells, and Sheepdogs [Welsh Collies], so there was never a time I can remember before I had loads of fun with dogs! My last dog was a Welsh Collie. I got him on Christmas Eve 1984, and had him put down [failing heart] just into New Year 1997. He was called Fred, and he was one special dog. A bit crazy, but I quite like a dog who can be a handful. Adds to the fun, and teaches you that shoes or Wellington boots are easily bought again!

LLLLOL

My neighbours have a sort of Yorkie - GREAT fun, as I am 99% sure he isn't pure. He is called Bear. They are thinking of getting something like a Rotti or Dob' and calling it Fifi!!!

That should be a criminal offence. In the good ‘ol days dogs like that were given proper names like Rebel and Gnasher!

Dear Dimitry,

I have found out that you can imprint a new name on a young dog. I intend to move from LUNA to FLIRTY by degrees. Of course the Flirty name comes from a sheepdog, which lived longer than my Grandfather, George Henry Johnson, who fought and was seriously wounded [out of action for the rest of WWI] and went home to Herefordshire to be a successful farmer. When my grandfather died, Flirty went to my Uncle Ivor, but she retired from working!!!

But she had a fresh litter of pups every year, and was the common grandmother of my Fred, mentioned above. Flirty was the grand-daughter of my grandfather's first sheepdog called Pete. Sadly the line died out ...

My best wishes from George

But LUNA is such a great name! (It was on the shortlist for our new kitten, who eventually ended up with a pedigree name of Giradelle Coralee, so she is now Cora)

Anyway “Old” George is about to become “Rushed off his feet” George. :D :D

Enjoy!

Just took Lunatic to the park after the tennis, she was absolutely mad crazy to go out. In the park took off her lead as I always do and she ran in 100 yards then turned on her heals and ran all the way home. Nearly had a heart attack trying to keep up with her and just spent 40 minutes trying to get her in the house whilst she ran over everyone's gardens setting all my neighbours Ring door bells off! Thankfully no cars came along.

I've gone to the pub in disgust for a cleansing beer

That should be a criminal offence. In the good ‘ol days dogs like that were given proper names like Rebel and Gnasher!
When I was a nipper we had a black poodle (in theory it was my sister’s dog, but she was remarkably unavailable whenever it was time for the dog’s walk). I’d better not say what my parents chose to call it.

@George J - since we all, sincerely, value what you contribute here - not least in terms of utter-civility...

..I (for one) also look forward to knowing what your new Charge renames you.

Do please report ;)

ATVB!

But LUNA is such a great name! (It was on the shortlist for our new kitten, who eventually ended up with a pedigree name of Giradelle Coralee, so she is now Cora)

Anyway “Old” George is about to become “Rushed off his feet” George. :D :D

Enjoy!

anything to do with the moon is a good name as pets are they often quite crazy. Our cross poodle/JRussel called Pheobe is apposite even though chosen just for the ease of transition from FiFi. Pheobe is the goddess of moon and hunting and our version is fixated on killing anything and only calms when the moon is dominant.

Dear Dimitry,

I have found out that you can imprint a new name on a young dog. I intend to move from LUNA to FLIRTY by degrees. Of course the Flirty name comes from a sheepdog, which lived longer than my Grandfather, George Henry Johnson, who fought and was seriously wounded [out of action for the rest of WWI] and went home to Herefordshire to be a successful farmer. When my grandfather died, Flirty went to my Uncle Ivor, but she retired from working!!!

But she had a fresh litter of pups every year, and was the common grandmother of my Fred, mentioned above. Flirty was the grand-daughter of my grandfather's first sheepdog called Pete. Sadly the line died out ...

My best wishes from George
Wow, what a great canine family tree!

Dear Dimitry,

Dear George - I hate to have to be the first to tell you, but if that dog happens to wander off lead anywhere there's other people around, you do know you'll be going round shouting 'Flirty - hey Flirty, come here to me you little rascal.." :)

Just took Lunatic to the park after the tennis, she was absolutely mad crazy to go out. In the park took off her lead as I always do and she ran in 100 yards then turned on her heals and ran all the way home. Nearly had a heart attack trying to keep up with her and just spent 40 minutes trying to get her in the house whilst she ran over everyone's gardens setting all my neighbours Ring door bells off! Thankfully no cars came along.

I've gone to the pub in disgust for a cleansing

FENTONNNNN! This gets me every time

https://www.google.com/search?q=fen...ate=ive&vld=cid:ed4e9f24,vid:3GRSbr0EYYU,st:0

advertisement

Back