advertisement

WTF is happening to the UK?

So do I. Good intentions perhaps, but failed to recognize Brexit as a project of right wing nationalism and entertained fantastical notions of a Britain freed of the EU somehow creating a model for worker and environment protection stronger than that of the EU. It was a nice pipe-dream, but never grounded in reality.
I know some that still will not admit it was a mistake too - I guess it hurts too much to admit?
And my, how they were played. Brexit was going to be a workers’ Shangri-La with a consumers’ Shangri-La thrown in as bonus points for the wife- a high wage economy with unrivalled selection of goods at new low prices in the shops for the British housewife and you’d be helping the poorafricanfarmer™ into the bargain. Not only that but a gent could get his bitter served to him in a proper pint glass by a white lass and have the right to ask for his great British sausage to be weighed out in pounds and ounces while telling Jean-Claude Juncker where to shove it.

Life never tasted so good.

I voted for Brexit yet I am a Labour Party supporter. However, It is becoming increasingly clear to me that I may have been absent when they were busy shoving the entire population of the UK through the POLITICAL OPINION POLARISATION PROCESSOR (POPP)

Congratulations on your forth pfm post ever- in a decade. :)Loved the first one btw :

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/art-of-sound-site-down.148132/#post-2176992
(Check the thread title)
Where are you on the Covid lockdown and vaccines ?

I was spending time with a lot of lefties around this time and IME the number of lexiters was and is tiny, not even sufficient to take up bandwidth at meetings etc. You wouldn’t really say they were played, either: their position tended to be based on longstanding convictions and analysis. They might have been wrong but they weren’t played. Hardcore remainers, meanwhile, were played like a fiddle despite being right.

And my, how they were played. Brexit was going to be a workers’ Shangri-La with a consumers’ Shangri-La thrown in as bonus points for the wife- a high wage economy with unrivalled selection of goods at new low prices in the shops for the British housewife and you’d be helping the poorafricanfarmer™ into the bargain. Not only that but a gent could get his bitter served to him in a proper pint glass by a white lass and have the right to ask for his great British sausage to be weighed out in pounds and ounces while telling Jean-Claude Juncker where to shove it.

Life never tasted so good.

From Shangri-La to angry "lalalalala I can't hear you"...

I was spending time with a lot of lefties around this time and IME the number of lexiters was and is tiny, not even sufficient to take up bandwidth at meetings etc. You wouldn’t really say they were played, either: their position tended to be based on longstanding convictions and analysis. They might have been wrong but they weren’t played. Hardcore remainers, meanwhile, were played like a fiddle despite being right.
Sean, Nicola Sturgeon has signed a contract with von der Leyen to run EU filtration camps in Scotland after Brexit is forced to fail by Brussels. I’ve sent your name in for processing. Don’t worry there won’t be Tories- they’re all going to Rwanda on holiday.

This would be funny if it was a play, however this is the actual Foreign Secretary... Liz Truss examined by Chris Bryant in the Foreign Affairs Committee today. Start about 11:21:00 though the couple of minutes before are almost as bad...
https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/ac6820ba-6d89-4108-9474-33b3b0ea52cb
She does that cornered rodent in torch light look, mutters a few wooden denials and diversions and looks to her Civil Servant to explain to the committee questions about her brief that she’s supposed to be on top of. Utterly out of her depth.

People who voted Brexit were either thick or evil.
Most of those that voted for it did so because they find foreign-ness a little bit frightening, those that voted against, mainly because they knew they’d have less money to spend on secondhand stereo equipment.

This would be funny if it was a play, however this is the actual Foreign Secretary... Liz Truss examined by Chris Bryant in the Foreign Affairs Committee today. Start about 11:21:00 though the couple of minutes before are almost as bad...

I managed about 3 minutes before having to stop. Not only toe-curlingly embarrassing to watch, but not doing my hypertension any good either.

John

Excellent. Never knew this sort of thing existed (to be broadcast). Watched though to 11:40 so far. Just cringingly awful......and I guess, unfortunately...as good a view as you'll get on how the country is run...
11:41 quote..."it sounds like chaos..."

advertisement

Back