advertisement

Arcam delta 70 cd player.

justshoemark

pfm Member
Hi all. Hope you are all well.
Just picked up one of the above.
Don't no much about it but seems to be pretty good.
Seems very musical.
Have any of you had one of these or still using one? .

I've got a Delta 270.

Had it since 1996, never missed a beat, sounds great, never been tempted to change it.

If the earlier ones are the same, you should be ok.

Andy

Bought a Delta 70 while at Polytechnic. I auditioned it against a battleship Sony that got too much info off the disc (too analytical). It was a fantastic machine and lasted a long time before I sold it. Had to eat beans and rice for the year to actually buy it (in the days of student grants).

I recently bought one for my daughter to go with her Delta 60 amp. I was transported back to Talk Talk’s Colour of Spring in the early hours of the morning listening sessions.

The Delta 70 is a fantastic period piece. Get a matching black box DAC for that hardcore look.

I remember trying a Delta 70 at the time. It was very smooth and even and pleasing to listen to - quite 'analogue' sounding, but I got the chance to get a second-hand CDS2 instead, and that had all the Arcam pluses plus a lot more for-tapping liveliness (as it should have done for the difference in new prices).

Good old Philips tech.
Nice player - still working thats excellent, must be more than 25 years old, maybe 30.

Arcam CD transport/Black Box DAC from that period was my first CD player, after some years avoiding anything digital.

Only Naim CDS1/CDi & Karik/Numerik made me change from Arcam.
Boring looks but good sound, well build
I still have an Arcam FM tuner from same period.

Thanks for the replys. So when people say the black box is this a separate DAC. I have scene some on eBay but different numbers black box 3 black box 5. Anyone no the difference.

Big fan of arcam , had loads of it and still use an a85 as a power amp. The cd23 was one of the smoothest drawer mechanisms and sounded good with ring dac

Thanks for the replys. So when people say the black box is this a separate DAC. I have scene some on eBay but different numbers black box 3 black box 5. Anyone no the difference.

Yes, their Transport/Dac were a two-box solution higher hierarchy than yours.

Several DAC Black boxes, can'r exactly remember the differences, probably new tech- and DAC development introduced.

advertisement

Back