advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

The January 6th Committee Twitter account is well worth following with good summaries and hints as to what is to come. Looks like some ‘mob style’ witness tampering and threats are ahead…

I think this might be finally the John Dean moment.

I suspect your comment is more a reflection of hope and that you do not greatly underestimate the depravity and lack of moral compass of Republican voters in the USA, never mind Republican politicians.

He will be free to run in 2024…just remains to be seen whether he runs. Remember, he could literally shoot and kill someone on fifth Avenue NYC and 30%-50% of the country would make up all the necessary (for them) excuses for it or would outright support it.

Some more good news... :eek::mad:

Republicans are a very special breed of stupid ensconced in a crustaceans shell, give it a few years and the party will be reduced to 6 toed gob eyed slitherings competing with each other for oxygen.

Republicans are a very special breed of stupid ensconced in a crustaceans shell, give it a few years and the party will be reduced to 6 toed gob eyed slitherings competing with each other for oxygen.

Stupid indeed. Florida will disappear beneath the waves and much of the American south will become even more unbearably hot and unliveable. In "sticking it to the libtards" southern republicans are also sticking it to their kids and grandkids.

Interesting Twitter thread, especially for those of us outside the USA, that catalogues some of the many other terrible decisions this SCOTUS has made this term. A mirror of the UK in that it is an obvious ramping up of state authoritarianism, a reduction of human rights and political accountability, the rejection of science, and the legalisation of various forms of corruption. The path towards fascism both there and here could not be more clear to see.

It seems as though the fascist judges on the Supreme Court have appointed themselves as an ancillary executive of government. The court doesn't need packing, it needs total reform.

Not sure where to put this, ,but this seemed like a good place as it is his court.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-epa-ruling-2e893673819a1b6c6aa272a5e814f0b0
Welcome to Moclus.

latest

Interesting Twitter thread, especially for those of us outside the USA, that catalogues some of the many other terrible decisions this SCOTUS has made this term. A mirror of the UK in that it is an obvious ramping up of state authoritarianism, a reduction of human rights and political accountability, the rejection of science, and the legalisation of various forms of corruption. The path towards fascism both there and here could not be more clear to see.

SCOTUS is just as bad as anyone could have imagined.
How can these people call themselves Christian when they are so willfully cruel and indifferent, and willing to destroy the world that they would tell you God made.

I suspect your comment is more a reflection of hope and that you do not greatly underestimate the depravity and lack of moral compass of Republican voters in the USA, never mind Republican politicians.

He will be free to run in 2024…just remains to be seen whether he runs. Remember, he could literally shoot and kill someone on fifth Avenue NYC and 30%-50% of the country would make up all the necessary (for them) excuses for it or would outright support it.

Quite. Plus part of the new political landscape inhabited by the likes of Trump and, to a slightly lesser extent, Johnson is that when they get caught, it doesn't matter. The old rules don't apply. They don't hold their hands up, they just lie and deny it.

It's helped by the speed of news and lack of attention on any particular story in the Internet/social media age. What seems like a bombshell one day is quickly forgotten.

How can these people call themselves Christian when they are so willfully cruel and indifferent, and willing to destroy the world that they would tell you God made.

That's easy - God gave us a disposable planet, according to one religious fruitcake, er, "Christian" gentleman:

https://theconversation.com/god-int...pastor-preaching-climate-change-denial-147712

So, we wreck it completely, and rely on Jesus to come again and rapture us from the fruits of our folly. I have difficulty preventing my jaw from hitting the floor when I hear people like this.

SCOTUS is just as bad as anyone could have imagined.

I think at this point it's more a case of how they can call themselves judges when they have shown themselves to be ridiculous political hacks who don't care about the law.

QAnon anti-vaccine conspiracy theory active within the Supreme Court:

They object on religious grounds to all available COVID–19 vaccines because they were developed using cell lines derived from aborted children.

(Supreme Court).

It seems as though the fascist judges on the Supreme Court have appointed themselves as an ancillary executive of government. The court doesn't need packing, it needs total reform.

I'm not advocating violence, but a good virus taking them all out wouldn't break my heart. The problem is that the Dems don't have enough votes to make into law the things that the Supreme Court have over ruled.

"According to prosecutors, Stewart Rhodes, lead Oath Keeper charged w/ seditious conspiracy, is having his legal bills paid from a fund run and furnished by ...............Sidney Powell."

"According to prosecutors, Stewart Rhodes, lead Oath Keeper charged w/ seditious conspiracy, is having his legal bills paid from a fund run and furnished by ...............Sidney Powell."

Sounds like a win-win. Rhodes goes to jail, and Powell squanders money.

According to Quinta Jurecic, Senior Editor of Lawfare, there's nothing unethical or unseemly about Trump and Co. paying the legal fees of the Jan 6. crew. I was a bit surprised by that.

Sounds like a win-win. Rhodes goes to jail, and Powell squanders money.

According to Quinta Jurecic, Senior Editor of Lawfare, there's nothing unethical or unseemly about Trump and Co. paying the legal fees of the Jan 6. crew. I was a bit surprised by that.

There are concerns. This from Wash Post story:
Prosecutors expressed concern that support from Powell’s group could give Oath Keepers attorneys a reason to oppose clients’ cooperation that could be damaging to Trump’s interests or make plea deals less likely, which could be against the interest of a particular defendant. The government asked Mehta to ensure there was no outside “interference with the lawyer’s independence … or with the client-lawyer relationship.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/06/24/oathkeepers-defense-funding-powell/

advertisement

Back