advertisement

Andy's not sweating.

This forum is ostensibly UK based (though the server might be somewhere else) so any potentially libellous statements would be actionable under UK law, I think.
Thank you for that irrelevance.
Andrew could not have sued Giuffre for libel in the U.K.
He would have had to do it in the US where he would have had to prove she was lying.

Thank you for that irrelevance.
Andrew could not have sued Giuffre for libel in the U.K.
He would have had to do it in the US where he would have had to prove she was lying.
Do keep up. I was talking about allegations of paedophilia on this forum.

The Queen wastes no time in bringing Andy back into the fold as she celebrates the life of that prominent eco warrior Prince Phillip.

Just as more of the brown stuff hits the fan. I wonder what he thought of getting £750,000 in his account from a friend(?) of someone he may have helped with a passport? I know I would be concerned if just 1/100 of that amount came to me unexpectedly.

The Queen wastes no time in bringing Andy back into the fold as she celebrates the life of that prominent eco warrior Prince Phillip.

To be fair I did get the impression from headlines that his closeness to the Queen was not welcomed by the Royals, he was only supposed to share a car with her to get there (at his insistence no doubt) and I imagine he just pushed himself into poll position from there. Naturally she’s in no position to do much about it in public.

To be fair I did get the impression from headlines that his closeness to the Queen was not welcomed by the Royals, he was only supposed to share a car with her to get there (at his insistence no doubt) and I imagine he just pushed himself into poll position from there. Naturally she’s in no position to do much about it in public.
Ofcourse you're right ,I'm sure she didn't sanction his presence there,he simply happened to be passing.

Well, if it’s true, and I have no reason to doubt a court of the land, then it seems to try to balance the years of hurt that the victims feel and continue to feel. There’s no victory here.

The extreme case is that German prison guard sentenced to a five stretch at the age of 101. It’s good that there is no time limit on wrongdoing in most cases.

Just thinking about Ghislaine Maxwell and somehow can't help feeling sorry for her. Her once-powerful father is dead, Epstein is dead, Trump, Clinton, Andrew and all the others are free as birds, while she has to spend 20 years in prison. And from what has emerged, she was their servant/secretary/fixer, hardly the mastermind. Probably not rich (enough) herself to maintain the "socialite" standing she had grown up with, she may have been induced to "help out" as a way of maintaining her position in that world of rich and powerful people. And with hordes of young girls who at the time were not unwilling to be "trafficked" in exchange for a taste of luxury and adventure. Not an excuse, but a possible explanation and understanding.

Just thinking about Ghislaine Maxwell and somehow can't help feeling sorry for her. Her once-powerful father is dead, Epstein is dead, Trump, Clinton, Andrew and all the others are free as birds, while she has to spend 20 years in prison. And from what has emerged, she was their servant/secretary/fixer, hardly the mastermind. Probably not rich (enough) herself to maintain the "socialite" standing she had grown up with, she may have been induced to "help out" as a way of maintaining her position in that world of rich and powerful people. And with hordes of young girls who at the time were not unwilling to be "trafficked" in exchange for a taste of luxury and adventure. Not an excuse, but a possible explanation and understanding.
Doesn't square with facts.
"I ask you to bear in mind how Maxwell’s unwillingness to acknowledge her crimes, her lack of remorse, and her repeated lies about her victims created the need for many of us to engage in a long fight for justice that has felt like a black hole sucking in our precious time, energy and wellbeing for much too long now. These things cannot be replaced.”

Not talking about "forgiveness," which only the victims can provide, Just that her 20 year sentence seems to show that justice has been done, while taking the spotlight off many people more guilty or as guilty as herself who will never even appear in court. Not to mention countless minor players, domestic staff, drivers, hotel managers, perhaps even the families of some of the girls, who must have known what was going on.

Not talking about "forgiveness," which only the victims can provide, Just that her 20 year sentence seems to show that justice has been done, while taking the spotlight off many people more guilty or as guilty as herself who will never even appear in court.

One assumes that was entirely her choice. She could have given up/named her pedophile ring at any point. The fact she didn’t speaks volumes.

advertisement

Back