advertisement

Wimbledon 2022

Nope, performances are below par so far,
Emma looks more and more a 1 trick pony,no variety to her game,
Novak is not firing on all cylinders but he’ll play into form like all good players do,o
Andy’s movements gone, he looks broken, sorry to see,:(
Swiatek look awkward at times, she doesn’t have a grass game,
watching Nadal as I type, he’s hanging on but should have enough in his repertoire to see him through.

Here and in a few other sports and games, I'm wondering if the equipment and performance team have moved just beyond what us human's are capable of handling? Many sports are now reduced to slam, bam, where's my million.

Mildly interested to see what ER can do. o_O

Otherwise I am mostly hoping for rain and another singalong with Sir Cliff.

In fact, Wimbledon would be better as a two-week singalong with Sir Cliff plus an afternoon's tennis (on one of the days) rather than vice versa.

What I dislike about Wimbledon, tennis in general, and many other sports is the complete inanity of the so-called commentary.

Here and in a few other sports and games, I'm wondering if the equipment and performance team have moved just beyond what us human's are capable of handling? Many sports are now reduced to slam, bam, where's my million.
You have a point Rockmeister, the equipment and string technology has moved on leaps and bounds,
the way mens can accelerate the racket head generating tremendous head speed is unreal,
so much so the game has gone uglier, how I yearn to see another long rangey player like Federer,
poetry in motion and he was rather good.

Andy did look very hampered last night - I'd not seen him live for a while and the change is quite shocking.
Agreed, his opponent actually dictated the game I thought,
but Andy’s basically sound game and grit won through,
I think he’ll be very lucky if he goes beyond next round.

Agreed, his opponent actually dictated the game I thought,
but Andy’s basically sound game and grit won through,
I think he’ll be very lucky if he goes beyond next round.
Has he got Isner next?
Maybe he can just boom returns back without moving...not too many rallies would suit.

What I don’t get is the ladies game doesn’t seem to have progressed from the Steffi Graf, Henin, Clijsters etc..era
i know the Williams sisters were a phenomenon but their power just steam rolled over the other girls,
i watched some of the ladies matches, they seem to play in a reactive manner,
they don’t have the same skill set as the men, the amount of bagel games in the ladies matches is unacceptable,
the best ladies player is not here, Ashleigh Barty.

I'm just a casual tennis watcher, although I have been to Wimbledon a few times, but thoroughly enjoyed this year's event so far.

advertisement

Back