advertisement

Amplifer change

griffin10010

pfm Member
Anyone have experience with a Denon HS2 amp. Thinking of changing from a Quad Vena as the Denon has volume limiting. Thanks.

Just Googled the Denon amp, what's volume limiting? Denon make good amps, but so do Quad, the best advice, see if you can get a demo and even take the Quad with you.

If you like the quad
I'd find a mechanical means to limit the volume on that amp
If your looking for a change...just go for it

If your Quad Vena 'goes all the way to 11' (assuming that this is the problem of course) can you not just use passive in-line attenuation?

I am trying to stop the huge volume changes when watching films, I am continually using the remote either raising or lowering the volume Totally satisfied
with the Quad. Playing music is fine. If there is a way to set a maximum for TV that would be great. The tv system is redundant using external speakers,
The tv is connected via fibre optic, no phono on tv. Thanks.

yes thats a real problem watching TV . the ads are often louder and old films are quieter . we have to use the volume control a lot . not sure there is a way round that one

Aren't the volume limitation and/or adjustment on the tele? Or use its optical output to the Vena.

advertisement

Back