advertisement

Dogs Sixth Sense?

Wrong ...try again :)

The circling thing is to make sure there’s no predators about when they lie down to go to sleep my dog does it but he ends up in exactly the same position and facing the same way.

Posties are dogs mortal enemies :D

They circle to figure out which way the winds blowing to they make sure they face into it to smell predators FAST. So that'll give you a laugh next time you dog does it inside before going to sleep on your bed.

Re, the Postman. Dogs park to defend property. Most people that come to your door will at least chat at your door for a while or come in and stay... A postman ALWAYS comes and leaves fast so the dog thinks their barking causes that and they go even harder the next time. With regular visitors, they give up after they come and stay the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time :)

No smoke, and the only activity from the fire truck crew were the medical techs going in as far as I saw. I don't really want to pry into someone else's life, but we have a friend living close by so will see if they know what the issue was.
Possibly a gas leak. Dog are amazing creatures, maybe you're right about the sixth sense thing. We may have had one too and have just lost the ability to use it properly.

Andy

Possibly a gas leak. Dog are amazing creatures, maybe you're right about the sixth sense thing. We may have had one too and have just lost the ability to use it properly.

Andy

Well, Boris and Trump got into power so I think the Western world has collectively decided not to trust our gut instincts anymore.

But we have opposable thumbs, THUS WE WIN.
Yes but dogs have mind control and your opposables are merely rendered a proxy.
“Give me that piece of chicken you”
“Go to the fridge now”
“You will fall asleep and lower your hand, not that one- the other one with the sausage roll in it”
“Open the back door and get out of my way”

Dogs win.

Last edited:
Cats control the Internet
I knew it. The dirty bastards.

I have a suspicion that cows know all the secrets of the universe, they look like deep thinkers, standing there chewing the cud all day. They also have an amazing sense of smell and excellent hearing apparently.

Apparently the dog I owned with my first wife knew I was coming home 5 mins before I arrived, wife was always amazed...I was driving a tuned Impreza Turbo...no idea how the dog knew :D

My Chua wah wah always goes round in circles clockwise without fail.
So I guess that is a thing with dogs.

Never anticlockwise?

My wife went running yesterday. When she returned, our dog, Blue, immediately went over to her and began licking her left shin. She didn't go near any other part of her body but focussed on the left shin. As she was doing it, my wife told me that throughout the run, her left shin had been very painful. There were no physical signs of injury.

My Chua wah wah always goes round in circles clockwise without fail.
So I guess that is a thing with dogs.

Never anticlockwise?
I’m pretty sure the Hounds of Hell always go widdershins. I think I read it on Twitter, so it must be true.

Given that dogs have twice as many ear muscles as people, and their sense of hearing is 10+ times more accurate, does this mean they can they hear differences between audio cables?

F3-DDA9-B8-E430-4-E6-A-9-DA4-886514-A451-F2.gif

Research is ongoing into how dogs can be trained into detecting cancer in humans.

I would imagine it's much along the same lines as how they are trained to sniff out drugs, firearms and money.

Amazing. Truly man's best friend!

Andy

Ours circles around for ages before pooing, always clockwise. If there sense of smell is so strong how do they put up with the smell of their poo?

Love (most) dogs - my fave's are the ones who work for the Swedish Police Force's Maritime Cadaver Dogs Unit - as used in the BBC dramatisation about the murder of a journalist on a submarine. I think in a typical Scandi-minimalist, understated way it was called the Investigation.

advertisement

Back