advertisement

Off to York...

If you fancy a fresh air walk (as opposed to a tourist walk :)) the area around the Knavesmire (racecourse) has plenty of traffic free paths.
It does...and Goddard's as mentioned.
My Mrs was born and raised on Albemarle Road... sadly she is about to lose her York connection as, after losing both parents, the small terrace near the Knavesmire is being sold.

The food tastes superb and the service is awesome, YMMV.

I didn't say otherwise, it is as you would expect, tasty with top notch ingredients, but unadventurous. Service of course is great. In many senses it is indistinguishable from other 1* restaurants we've eaten at.

Cheers for all the suggestions folks... Think we've got ideas of where we want to go for definite (Minster, Treasurers House, Fossgate etc). Will probably give the Shambles a look over but if it's manic we'll soo walk away.

We've all day Monday & Tuesday and Wednesday until lunchtime in which we'll camp out at a pub not far from the train station as the train back is 4ish etc

Cheers for all the suggestions folks... Think we've got ideas of where we want to go for definite (Minster, Treasurers House, Fossgate etc). Will probably give the Shambles a look over but if it's manic we'll soo walk away.

We've all day Monday & Tuesday and Wednesday until lunchtime in which we'll camp out at a pub not far from the train station as the train back is 4ish etc

pub at the station York Tap https://yorktap.com/ has a great range of beer

...and go back in winter. That fire casts a welcome glow in the room.

Sounds like the Ye Old Blue Bell in Preston or the Black Horse that's just got Grade II listed status.

Only pub in the UK that has doors on 3 different streets ;)

The Blue Bell was my first local , I’ve been drinking in there for nearly 40 years. They used to have cylinder pumps and you could see your pint before it was poured. There’s still one on the bar but no longer in use. John Pybus is the current curator and is doing a great job.

advertisement

Back