advertisement

Glastonbury 22

Avoiding Kendrick like the plague.

Watching Herbie Hancock's set. Wow. What a set of musicians they are. Also the oddest trumpet I've ever seen.

Trumpet was odd looking to me as well, seemed like it had no mouthpiece.

Bicep are the broadcast highlight of the festival for me, bonobo were also good but real shame the chemical brothers couldn’t make it due to covid

I can listen to “that one” Kendrick Lamar song (dunno what it’s called though), so he’s obviously not my taste in music.

Bicep actually very good.
Just did a little stage hopping and KL and PSB both still not doing it for me

So much easier pressing the button rather than walking between stages...much as I loved the experience of being there back in the day...

"ASEEEEEED"!!

Just saw a panning shot of the front row of the Bicep gig. Every single one of them on mobile phones.....either selfies or texting or...
..sad.

Just saw a panning shot of the front row of the Bicep gig. Every single one of them on mobile phones.....either selfies or texting or...
..sad.
Through the entire festival, the number of people on shoulders filming themselves singing along. I know we probably all did embarrassing stuff when young, but that's next level cringeworthy vanity.

Anyone who didn’t get what Kendrick Lamar was doing absolutely needs to go back and watch the last ten minutes of the set. Just stunning. Shocking. Real next-level art. Politically absolutely bang on (as I’d expect from him).

PS All his stuff is very heavily coded, he’s scary intelligent. It took me months as a dumb white guy with no understanding of the culture to understand what To Pimp A Butterfly was actually about, and even now I probably only understand about 70% of it (I actually had to find online explanations as I couldn’t understand it unaided). It is unquestionably one of the best albums of this century.

Saw a bit of Lorde earlier. Disappointed she'd taken her makeup off and she didn't do "Hard Rock Hallelujah."

And so it's all over..

A few new (to me) bands to explore - excellent!

advertisement

Back