advertisement

Glastonbury 22

I love all of the Supremes stuff and Motown in general, I was brought up with it, I have three older sisters and Motown was never off in my house growing up.
Almost the same here, but one sister rather than three, and she was split between Motown and reggae! Motown produced so much that was a soundtrack to growing up, for me.

Jack White absolutely smashing it. Great band.

I only recognized one song so far...but don't care!

Watching Diana Ross right now and it's painful. 78, yes, an achievement, but surely if you can no longer hit the notes or even sing in tune, you shouldn't be on stage. Or am I being too harsh?

Diana Ross is getting more stick than Macca though - he was painful too. Presuamably they carry on because they enjoy it and people still turn up to listen.

Macca didn't have the voice of his youth and when he did the ukulele thing he was horribly exposed. But he was in tune.

Springsteen still had his voice but he has 7 or 8 years on Macca, I think. He's starting a massive tour, surely the last...

Watching Diana Ross right now and it's painful. 78, yes, an achievement, but surely if you can no longer hit the notes or even sing in tune, you shouldn't be on stage. Or am I being too harsh?
Doesn't appear to be deterring Rod Stewart or Elton John.

advertisement

Back