advertisement

Cash for crash on the rise

I’ve just been looking at dashcams because of this story. Trouble is, I don’t want a messy dash or windscreen.
There’s a recommended Ring dashcam at £85. I’ll look into it sometime. I hate cables and obstructions.

had one in the previous car, sat nicely in the corner of the windscreen, no obstruction. Ran the cable down windscreen trim and into the glove compartment for the power socket so hidden. Porsche do an addon one, £900 fitted IIRC.

wish I'd had one when my 981S was cash for crashed. Took 2 years for my insurance company to deal with.

In theory, my car won’t allow me to drive into the back of someone, but I wouldn’t like to test it! Thinking about it, it seems obvious that the adaptive cruise cameras etc simply record everything but this isn’t the case for some reason.

had one in the previous car, sat nicely in the corner of the windscreen, no obstruction. Ran the cable down windscreen trim and into the glove compartment for the power socket so hidden. Porsche do an addon one, £900 fitted IIRC.

wish I'd had one when my 981S was cash for crashed. Took 2 years for my insurance company to deal with.

That sounds like a total nightmare.

In theory, my car won’t allow me to drive into the back of someone, but I wouldn’t like to test it! Thinking about it, it seems obvious that the adaptive cruise cameras etc simply record everything but this isn’t the case for some reason.

I thought they used radar or lidar and not cameras

Maybe, I’m not familiar with how the systems work. Wouldn’t be difficult to stick a camera in there whilst manufacturing the system would it!

I have all round parking cameras, and radar already

A ha, just seen this on mine…

Subaru EyeSight features four main safety systems that are designed to prevent accidents from occurring. But if an accident does occur, the system's video camera could be used in court. According to a report from Cars.com, EyeSight's cameras record footage of the road ahead on a 22-second loop

A while ago I bought a Nextbase dashcam direct from their web site and they offered installation for (a reduced) £50 or so. The engineer that turned up virtually dismantled the dashboard and passenger footwell to get an invisible fit. Would recommend if it is still available.

In theory, my car won’t allow me to drive into the back of someone, but I wouldn’t like to test.

These crash for cash criminals don’t give your car a chance. They’ll move suddenly from a neighbouring lane into yours as they slam the brakes on. They know what they’re doing, it’s not a gentlemanly duel.
I’d have to try very hard not to kick them to death afterwards if they did it to me.

These crash for cash criminals don’t give your car a chance. They’ll move suddenly from a neighbouring lane into yours as they slam the brakes on. They know what they’re doing, it’s not a gentlemanly duel.
I’d have to try very hard not to kick them to death afterwards if they did it to me.

C****. Put them up against the wall. Seriously, why do we allow people to freely go around doing this stuff.

This; I'd drag the shysters out and give them a good hiding...

Unfortunately the cash for crash has been rife around here for years now; Blackburn & across East Lancs and quite a bit in Preston too... A number of certain demographics are always at it & they seem to get away with it a lot of the time... tw#ts :mad:

Seriously, why do we allow people to freely go around doing this stuff.

When the government routinely breaks the law, steals and cons the public, why should the public behave any better? Crashing a car for money is no better or worse than handing party donors £millions out of tax revenue for product they have no ability or intention to make, yet you actually vote for that!

What a load of bollocks
It happens, I can't deny that, having been a victim myself, though in a different way to most. But all crimes are rife if you believe the press. Insurers have a vested interest in ramping up the fear of this type of crime. And the driver of the car that strikes another from behind is always ready to say it wasn't their fault.

advertisement

Back