advertisement

Glastonbury 22

I don’t know about that... I had the idea Glastonbury nowadays was the ruling class’ weekend under canvas.

Dunno, never been, but I'd have thought the Last Night of the Proms was more the sort of gig for Tories, especially those of a Brexit persuasion.

My only Glastonbury festival experience was in the late '80s, heading for a holiday cottage in the depths of Somerset. Andy, driving ahead of us, encountered some hippy types, wandering in the middle of the road with flagons of cider. He asked them what they thought they were doing, and was told that they were headed to Glastonbury, which was at least ten miles away.

Saw Macca at London 2012 Opening Ceremony. Myself and the rest of the Dove Bike cyclists were kicked out of the stadium after we'd done our bit with the Artic Monkeys. We decided to walk back in ( why wouldn't you! Biggest show on earth.) and happened to do so a few meters from where McCartney was playing. He really did seem on his last legs voice wise, felt sorry for him. 10 years on he's functioning fine and enjoying himself!

McCartney is on top form so far. Obviously he has the luxury of picking top quality musicians for his band and it shows.

A shame Megan Thee Stallion hasn’t got a live band behind her, but she’s making up for it with her demure shy and retiring nature.

PS I’ll watch a bit of McCartney later. I suspect the MTS set won’t make it past the BBC censors long-term!

I'd forgotten all about Jamie T. and his ubique drub bloke in South London pub style. He does have an ear for a tune though. I also love the fact that all the blokes singing the harmonies look like they could give you a decent quote for plastering the spare room.

Well, rewound the live coverage on the west holts stage to catch Caribou. Amazing. Brilliant visual presentation, too.

advertisement

Back