advertisement

What are you listening to right now #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny Clark's only date as leader not released on Blue Note. I wonder why.

P.S. Wouldn't it be great to get Blue Note Classics or Tone Poets of some more of the Japan-only releases like Blues In The Night and Art Of The Trio.

Mi05Njg1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Hadn't realised, until Rey, that Trad Jazz is your main genre Paul.

I like this comp but I could not find any real info on the people behind it. They also put out another comp called Psych Funk 101 from international artists. I was wondering whether it was one of those 'bootleg' sort of thing.

I listen to quite a bit of indian music, mostly classical. The funky Bollywood stuff is great too but comps are the way to go. Although I can find some of these old Bollywood soundtrack records, typically they contain only 1 or 2 great tracks that you want, and I can't be bothered to go through the entire album just to look for them.

'Aesthetic Expressions Of Psychedelic Funk Music In India 1970-1983' - absolute monster compilation of rare Indian garage rock and RD Burman's weirder Bollywood work.

Mi00MDY1LmpwZWc.jpeg

I like this comp but I could not find any real info on the people behind it. They also put out another comp called Psych Funk 101 from international artists. I was wondering whether it was one of those 'bootleg' sort of thing.

I honestly don't know. It was quite widely available at the time of release but that of course doesn't necessarily mean much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back