advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I agree, based on the limited number of times I have studied his game. He is also very adept at the long pass out to the wing or to the striker, where Haaland's pace will give us a completely different option.

That was his strength and maybe it will work with City but coming up against the best in Europe every week will soon indicate if he is up to the task. Wish him the best of luck he seemed a genuinely loyal player in the old style. If Leeds had been challenging for Euro places last year I don't think he would have moved on.

Saw something today that gave me a laugh.

If Newcastle do complete the signing of Botman...

Nick Pope £10m
Kieran Trippier £12m
Dan Burn £12m
Sven Botman £35m
Matt Targett £12m

This is a new back 5 for £1m + Harry ‘I play for manure’ Maguire.

Would Chelsea signing Lewandowski be any improvement ? We know he wants to sign for Barcelona but they look like they are struggling to get the fee and wages package in place so then another club will have to step in .

Would Chelsea signing Lewandowski be any improvement ? We know he wants to sign for Barcelona but they look like they are struggling to get the fee and wages package in place so then another club will have to step in .
I'd certainly prefer hom over most of the other forwards being linked although I do think Jesus could do very well at Chelsea.

Would Chelsea signing Lewandowski be any improvement ?

Difficult to say. Lewi looks like a top goal scorer but as we see time and again, scoring goals in the Prem is a different beast to scoring goals in Germany, Spain, Italy etc. However, a bit like Haaland, he looks like a ‘natural’ who will score goals wherever he is

We know he wants to sign for Barcelona but they look like they are struggling to get the fee and wages package in place so then another club will have to step in .

Money will be a big issue, he’s quite old and the question will be, is he a worth the sort of money that could be invested in a longer term prospect? Lukaku was an expensive mistake, can Chelsea afford another one?

Really tough quiz from the BBC this morning….

52175124152_ec8ba49577.jpg

Arsenal look to be close to the signing of Jesus from City while Chelsea seem set to get Raffino from Leeds . Neither I would guess are the first choice player they want but will be interesting to see were each of them starts and plays . Arsenal really need an out and out centre forward but reports are that Jesus is not too keen to play in that position . Will have to see what position Arteta can convince him to play . Looks a good signing though and given todays inflated prices not bad business either. As for Chelsea when are they going to be linked with some decent defenders , they seem to be losing players at a rapid rate of knots but not replacing them .

I rate Jesus and Raphinha very highly indeed, both with do well at their new clubs I've not doubt?

As for Chelsea when are they going to be linked with some decent defenders , they seem to be losing players at a rapid rate of knots but not replacing them .
Don't worry - we're going to play with a rush goalie and 10 up front next season.:)

Don't worry - we're going to play with a rus goalie and 10 up front next season.:)
As Russia comes from the word Rus, what means rowers, or those that row in old Norse, if we signed up this chap in goal, we would have an impressive goal difference come the end of the season whatever formation we played

52180801607_c2578fe45d.jpg

As Russia comes from the word Rus, what means rowers, or those that row in old Norse, if we signed up this chap in goal, we would have an impressive goal difference come the end of the season whatever formation we played

52180801607_c2578fe45d.jpg
Apologies, when I was a youngster playing football on the rec, when someone said “rush goalies”, I heard it as an abbreviation of Russian, and for a long time thought that was how goalkeepers in Russia played. I know….I know…. I was so commiephobic in those days….

A Rus goalie? Are you sure? We got into enough trouble with Abrahmovic
Ah, goalies. I’m reminded that Eddie ‘Newcastle need a big name manager’ Howe probably has 5 new players at the back for the price of ace penalty taker Kepa plus £9m.

Apologises to some of the Chelsea fans and my cousin for the reminder

Last edited:
They just sold Frenkie (and a load of rights). Not saying they are in the clear, and they want that bloke from Bayern, but rumours are swirling.

advertisement

Back