advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Well never mind the close season and the fact that a lot of money will still be spent, our experts have already sorted out the league positions, all we must wait for now is Roy Keen to come of retirement and drop kick Haaland.
Have a competition for first manager to be sacked and who will replace Southgate!

Talk of Sterling to Chelsea.

Source: BBC Gossip linking to summat called The Athletic.

If it happens I wonder how many more posts we’ll see added to the dozens like this one below, or will Sterling suddenly become the most fouled player in the whole Universe? :D

Don’t worry, Sterling will fall over like he’s been shot when someone breathes on him by the half way line, and VAR will still give him a penalty

If it happens I wonder how many more posts we’ll see added to the dozens like this one below, or will Sterling suddenly become the most fouled player in the whole Universe? :D
No need for that Brian.;)
Personally I hope we don't get him - we're fully stocked up on forwards that need about 5 good goalscoring opportunities before they finally convert one.

The rumour mill is rife at City, with talk of Jesus, Sterling and Bernardo being targeted by others, in addition to Fern leaving. Alvarez and Haaland replace two of those and Cole Palmer, James McAtee and Samuel Edozie will, hopefully, begin to see more regular appearances. Bernardo is a fan favourite, and a Pep favourite, but he would be allowed to go if he really wished to leave, though it would be a big loss and I would hope we had a replacement lined up already if it were the case. Marc Cucurella is a target, allegedly, along with Kelvan Phillips.

The rumour mill is rife at City, with talk of Jesus, Sterling and Bernardo being targeted by others, in addition to Fern leaving. Alvarez and Haaland replace two of those and Cole Palmer, James McAtee and Samuel Edozie will, hopefully, begin to see more regular appearances. Bernardo is a fan favourite, and a Pep favourite, but he would be allowed to go if he really wished to leave, though it would be a big loss and I would hope we had a replacement lined up already if it were the case. Marc Cucurella is a target, allegedly, along with Kelvan Phillips.

I think Sterling will go along with Jesus, it does look like Palmer is going to play a lot more games, I imagine on the wing. I would really like Cucurella to come on board, he will help sort us out at the back.

You can see the table here...

https://postimg.cc/yDDLhwmJ

How we calculated the table Wages and transfer spending (amortisation) were obtained from the clubs’ most recent accounts. Analysts set a baseline of 23 points and calculated that for every £10m a club spent, they should earn an additional 1.2 points. The difference between the total points earned and the ‘expected points’ provides a table ranked by the number of points won by a club compared with their expected points. Column five in the table also shows the difference in where clubs finished in the 2021-22 Premier League compared with where they are in the list of spending

Table: The Times and The Sunday Times

City have signed Phillips. I'm not sure this is one of our best signings. He is going to have to step up his game a level if he wants lots of games time against the top 6 teams. Anyone else who has similar thoughts?

Not me. Very good player.

I agree, based on the limited number of times I have studied his game. He is also very adept at the long pass out to the wing or to the striker, where Haaland's pace will give us a completely different option.

City have signed Phillips. I'm not sure this is one of our best signings. He is going to have to step up his game a level if he wants lots of games time against the top 6 teams. Anyone else who has similar thoughts?

Allegedly agreed a transfer fee but the deal is not complete, though I think it is a formality.

I don’t think Phillips is that good, not sure what he will bring to City. He’s not a bad player but certainly not 1st rate. Good luck to him.

I don’t Phillips is that good, not sure what he will bring to City. He’s not a bad player but certainly not 1st rate. Good luck to him.

There is zero cover for Rodri, but a seventy game (ish) season.

His job will be to break up any promising looking attacks from the opposition - legally or otherwise.;)

Agree I am delighted Leeds have sold him. They have got a decent price for him. He may go on to greatness or maybe he has already peaked. I feel he will be found out at Man City. Leeds have to move him on and hope that the potential they buy with his fee gives them a better finish next year.

advertisement

Back