advertisement

Roe vs Wade overturned

@Ragaman I respect your opinion but just wish to know where you think the red line should be drawn?
Do you disagree with contraception - if so, in what form - are condoms OK, IUDs?
Do you disagree with morning after pill?
Do you believe in abortion under any circumstances?
Incest/rape?
What about when a medical choice has to be made between the life of mother Vs life of fetus?

Do you believe this decision has anything to do with a political move by GOP to ensure the votes of their Evangelical-Christofascist base?
I stated there are exceptions, which are blindingly obvious. As for contraception, can't see a problem. I have a problem with someone regretting their actions & denying the right to life for an individual. It's about personal responsibility.

It’s a muddied field, I understand the conscientious objectors - mainly religious types - to abortion (I think) but I’m not sure what their bedfellows of the Hard right who don’t care particularly about the issue have to gain, as a lot of them will have the resource to gain medical treatment for their families and surely this then potentially increases the minority population ( similar to N.I for instance) or are they willing to go along because;

1) They can’t get into power without them
2) The aim is to - eventually - disenfranchise minorities or at least enough to keep the Democrats out.

I think I’m missing something here, could someone help me out?

I stated there are exceptions, which are blindingly obvious. As for contraception, can't see a problem. I have a problem with someone regretting their actions & denying the right to life for an individual. It's about personal responsibility.
Yes, but you didn't give examples of exceptions - I was trying to tease that out, if you don't mind doing so?
As I asked, is the morning after pill acceptable to you, for instance?

Yes, but you didn't give examples of exceptions - I was trying to tease that out, if you don't mind doing so?
As I asked, is the morning after pill acceptable to you, for instance?
Exceptions would be rape, the grooming of a minor leading to rape etc....

The morning after pill is not something i personally believe in if consensual sex has been carried out.

I'm hoping that those donors will realize that destroying democracy and breaking the nation apart would not be good for their overall wealth, but then again, perhaps I'm wrong, and they'd become the ultimate disaster capitalists ?

Never forget Nikita Khruschev's comment to the effect that, when it came time for him to hang the last capitalist, the capitalist would sell him the rope.

The killing of babies before born is not something i feel comfortable with. It's a good decision.
I respect that point of view, but by definition, they're not babies until they're born. This is the imposition of Roman Catholic doctrine on an entire country, and it is purely for political purposes. I realise that Jews are in a minority in the USA, but in Judaism a baby is not a person until it draws its first breath. So Jewish religious freedom is being curtailed.

And, as others have pointed out, once the little dears arrive, the GOP couldn't care a fig about them. They are there only to provide target practice for people with AR-15s.

My personal view on abortion is very simple - if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one, but leave everyone else alone.

Waiting for the troll word to rear it's ugly head. Just for confirmation, this is my personal view. otherwise i would not be on here expressing my view. We are entitled to have a personal view without being labelled.

Let me remind you of the question you asked, I assume seriously.

How is the decision to abort a unborn child the control of women.

If forcing women to carry a full term pregnancy they do not want is not "control of women" WTF is?

As i said, i don't believe in denying life to an individual.
I respect that position (especially as I feel the same). The question, in my mind at least, is at what point does a collection of cells become an individual. I believe that moment is several months after conception, and it seems that most European laws view it that way, too.

Question for our US members:

Is there any chance that this and the stated intentions to look at reducing status for same sex couples will turn out to be overreach come the mid-terms?

The Republicans have been working towards this result for over 40 years, and Trump’s packing of the Supreme Court was key in making this happen. The harm he has done to my country is virtually incalculable.

You're forgetting Mich McConnell.

I respect that position (especially as I feel the same). The question, in my mind at least, is at what point does a collection of cells become an individual. I believe that moment is several months after conception, and it seems that most European laws view it that way, too.
Whether abortion is legal is a matter for Law makers and those who interpret the Law. This might be informed by scientific evidence, or not, as each country chooses.

Abortion in the US will still be legal in those States that decide to provide it, if I understand it correctly.

advertisement

Back