advertisement

Roe vs Wade overturned

Unless that poor country can find a way to reconcile their disparate views I can only see an eventual break up into upper east coat and west coast unions and the rest of the country, or / civil war. If it was just an economic issue it may be fixable but the mix of supremacists and fundamentalists give me grave doubts because the petitions to state legislatures and Supreme courts to roll back progressive rights will only accelerate, and win.. Very sad to see.
I’d love to hear comments to the contrary.

The killing of babies before born is not something i feel comfortable with. It's a good decision.
Absolutely Ragaman, my best friend is very much opposed to abortion and I respect his view, but disagree, he’s quite progressive with regards to equal rights for minorities. Trouble is I don’t think that the USA right are Minority rights supporters.

Unless that poor country can find a way to reconcile their disparate views I can only see an eventual break up into upper east coat and west coast unions and the rest of the country, or / civil war. If it was just an economic issue it may be fixable but the mix of supremacists and fundamentalists give me grave doubts because the petitions to state legislatures and Supreme courts to roll back progressive rights will only accelerate, and win.. Very sad to see.
I’d love to hear comments to the contrary.

This is obviously the aim of Russian and Chinese state actors who stoke the US culture war via social media.
I don't think breaking up the country would solve the problem, because I think the red states would continue to focus on hurting the blue states rather than improving their own economies. If not a hot war between the two countries I think there would be a protracted cold war.
Ultimately this can only be solved by the GOP, since they are the party that has completely lost the plot. They do whatever their ultra-wealthy donors tell them to do. I'm hoping that those donors will realize that destroying democracy and breaking the nation apart would not be good for their overall wealth, but then again, perhaps I'm wrong, and they'd become the ultimate disaster capitalists ?

1656087428716-png.178179

Absolutely dumbfounded… even though I knew it was coming… words fail me.

Yep, the Right have planned this real well and took the opportunity with Trump and Gaslighted congress to get these Justices through.

The killing of babies before born is not something i feel comfortable with. It's a good decision.
How do you feel about frozen embryos? Serious question.

Between the first moments after conception and the stage where you have a semi-functional being that resembles a baby, many weeks elapse. Which is why the European nations that allow abortions have some sort of time limit (typically 12 to 18 weeks) to prevent most later-stage abortions.

The one thing that gets me on the ban in some states, is even in cases of rape or incest. Daddy rapes his little darling and then to ice the cake she is forced to carry it. WTF?

Then we get to another issue - they only care until you are born.

You can carry a concealed automatic weapon and re-enact the gunfight at the ok coral but you can't have an abortion! This is what happens when you believe in something that doesn't exist and live by moral standards that are pure fantasy. These are educated people too in the Supreme Court - should have all been washed down the sluice at birth.

You can carry a concealed automatic weapon and re-enact the gunfight at the ok coral but you can't have an abortion! This is what happens when you believe in something that doesn't exist and live by moral standards that are pure fantasy. These are educated people too in the Supreme Court - should have all been washed down the sluice at birth.

Americans decerve this sh!t 70 odd million of them voted for a maniac so what did those people expect?

There's no doubt now that America will split into multiple countries.

The place is nuts.

advertisement

Back