advertisement

Footwear - all purpose thread for footwear

which model?

I have three pairs of On Running. The waterproof ones are good, others lack the support I need, and the last pair the rise is not right for me feet and kills my ankles

I have 5. I buy a pair every summer. 4 are just the Cloud. One is something else. They do seem to be part of the Swiss national outfit. Almost everyone is wearing them. But they really do wear fast. The only pair that is still without any issues is the latest pair that arrived in May.

Just remembered I also have a pair of black Cheaney’s, an Oxford with a bit of brogue detailing. Wear them once a year at a black tie do. Nice shoes but too formal.

No shoes at all, but the below are all boots.

9 pairs of Crockett & Jones, only 1 is handgrade, 2 are in Shell Cordovan
8 pairs of Carmina's 7 in Shell Cordovan and 1 in Russian calf
17 pairs of cowboy boots, mainly Sendra but 3 pairs of Lucchese. Several pairs in caiman, 1 in manta ray (which I wore to my wedding), a few in python, the rest calf.
Some random collection of Timberland boots, sneakers and sandals, all bought in the sale and used for knocking about in and then usually get relegated to gardening wear after a few years.

Adidas Gazelle and Ecco sneakers
Ecco formal shoes
Clarks desert boots
Meindl hiking boots
Asics Kayano running shoes
Shimano and Sidi cycling shoes
Salomon ski boots
K2 inline skates

A whole load of running shoes - Mizuno Wave is my go-to shoe - which retire into dog-walking shoes. Otherwise lots of C&J quality shoes and boots, with a couple of pairs of Loake 1880 and a few pairs of RM Williams boots.

Two pairs Edward Green
One pair Crockett & Jones
One pair Cheaney
One pair Crown sneakers
One pair Oliver Sweeney trainer
One pair Oliver Sweeney desert boots
One pair Mephisto
One pair from a shoemaker in Venice whose shop I went into to buy a pair of shoe laces

I bought a pair of pretend Crocs in the supermarket last night for £3.99. As that price it was rode not to. I'll wear them camping, paddling on the beach, etc.
The same supermarket had suede boots for loose change a few weeks ago. I bought 2 pairs, at that rate if they get shabby after a year or two I can relegate them to pub/garden pottering without any guilt.
I need to throw away a few pairs of almost worn out shoes. I hate throwing anything away unless I've worn it to death, which means that I spend half my life in things that are almost entirely worn out.

ce0.jpg

Reactions: Cav
Mine are these…

52167460208_99445962c8_o.jpg

…which as you can see, grip around the ankle. Difficult to ‘slip on’, but once on are comfortable. You need to use the Vivo foot sizing thing to get the right size, but once done, great.

I have found that because I am using my whole foot, and feeling the ground under my feet, I am changing the way I walk to a more upright, less hands in pockets type of position which I think has helped with various foot and back issues

I travelled out here to 'The Middle Kingdom' in a pair of Blunstones (last count I had six pairs)
I brought with me 2 pairs of Vivobarefoot boots and a pair of vivo shoes as well as a pair of Xeroshoes.
Vivo's can be had here for a fraction of the cost back home. I thought they'd be fake but appear to be identical to the noes I brought with me. For eg. the pair shown above cost me £35 here in China as opposed to the fortune I paid for them back home.

As others have noted the insoles will creep though I suspect that the silly heat out here may be a contributing factor.

…… I need to throw away a few pairs of almost worn out shoes. I hate throwing anything away unless I've worn it to death, which means that I spend half my life in things that are almost entirely worn out.
The more worn out things get the more attached I get to them :D
My wife thinks I’m mad when I turn the frayed collars on my shirts but there’s years of wear left in the rest of the garment and we’ll never see those 70’s designs again!

Comfiest things I own are a pair of Reebok Classics, had a couple of pairs now and for knocking about in/nipping out on errands they're great.

I bought the cheapest knock down priced runners I could find when I joined the gym, which turned out to be a pair of maroon New Balance, they're ok but I've never run in anything else so wouldn't know!!

I like having a few pairs of slip on trainers around, in fact I slip on laced shoes anyway and just leave them tied. Driving shoes are a pair of Merrell jungle mocs that were severely knocked down in price, should have bought two pairs as they're too dear now and these are getting worn out.

advertisement

Back