advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no majority, the largest party should form a govt with another (as per Cameron / Clegg), rather than a collective of also rans.
Well, that's how it's supposed to work already. But don't make the mistake of confusing 'should' with 'must' will you? If the 'collective of also rans' has no interest in shoring up the largest party, that party will have to govern as best it can. Which means it'll have to accommodate the interests and concerns of the other parties, and the people they represent. Hence my thought about this being more democratic.

And if the largest party fails to govern effectively, ought not the 'collective of also rans' be offered the chance to form a government, given that, collectively, they would have a majority?

Looking at Newsnight yesterday evening and I despair for the UK electorate. The apologists for Bojo and the Tories in the audience were mind boggling. All the covid deaths, the Dido app , all the scandals with contracts, the parties, the mess of Brexit, the NI protocol etc and they seem to be unmoveable. Continuing to make tepid excuses for Bojo. Not sure the electorate are even joining the dots that it is not just BJ it is the entire structure of the Tory party.

The Tory MP being allowed to continually interrupt people in the audience and the panel. None of the other participants engaged in that behaviour. It is so obvious and easy for a chair person to shut down.
Mick Lynch of course there would have to be a bit of Irish in him was excellent and nailed Bojo. But the audience should have been completely behind him. It was a mixed reaction. What is it with Joe Public. Here is someone representing the majority. They should all be rowing in behind him. The BA union rep on the news was also excellent. He side stepped correctly the linking of Labour and Starmer and nailed the facts. Shame on Ireland in this one with Willie Walsh as CEO.

Hope this is the first sign of the tide turning in favour of an alternative government. I hope the Lib Dems, Labour and the SNP get their act together and act together to rid the UK of the Tories. Compromise and coalition is the only way out of the mire.

Like I have said before, I am afraid the Tories have the highest core vote in England - people who have bought into their ideology and social values since the Thatcher days - short of advocating compulsory shopping at Aldi, they will vote Tory infinitum.

Fiona Bruce. I once heard her described as 'a gob on a stick'. It stuck with me, and I think it's an entirely fair characterisation.

Welcome to this week’s edition of Far Right Antiques from Clacton where furious white pensioners stomp around with faces like thunder when they get told their nicotine stained tat isn’t worth what they think it is.

Welcome to this week’s edition of Far Right Antiques from Clacton where furious white pensioners stomp around with faces like thunder when they get told their nicotine stained tat isn’t worth what they think it is.
Surely this woman was the star of the show:

FWBNefAX0AAyNYz

Video clip here:

https://twitter.com/AvaSantina/status/1540094836140826637

Nothing would make me watch that crap.

Nonsense. If you live in a constituency where ANOther party comes a close second to the Tories with Labour a distant third, you vote for the second place party, and vice-versa if Labour is a close second and the LibDems or whoever a distant third. Otherwise the ‘not-Tory’ vote is dissipated and the Tories stay in power.

As Mencken put it: ‘For every complex problem, there’s a solution that’s simple, straightforward, and wrong’.
Exactly. Even worse in 2015 when some jokers turned their back on Labour in a seat the party previously won. It only helps the tories.

Every non labour MP helps the Tory’s stay in power. Scotland is actually a great example. The SNP are doing a fabulous job of keeping the Tory’s in Westminster. Clearly they have their own agenda and good luck to them. If Scotland goes, it’s going to be a hell of a job to remove the tories from Westminster, which will only be done with a labour majority IMHO.

Ponty, I think Brian's hacked your account.
I don’t agree voting tactically always means voting Labour, however, Ponty is spot on with the comment there about the SNP, assuming you are able to understand that 41 seats minus 40 in 2015 equals 1.

Many of us wondering who Brian’s mystery lodger was, now have closure..
What on earth does that mean? Loving the usual gang reference, by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back