advertisement

Parcel Hero - the worst ever courier company??

Ewen1970

The Ocean Doesn't Want Me
Dear god the experience I have just been through would make your toes curl.

Anyone else used these people?

Well let me tell you they are staggeringly bad.

I think I have spent 25 emails dealing with a robot trying to defraud me for "excess girth". Not a problem I have had before - titter ye not!!

I rarely go to this section to vent my spleen, but these people need a health warning they are that bad.

In a nutshell they tried to say I had the measurements of my parcel wrong and wanted to charge £70 extra. No proof from them whatsoever and the actual courier, Parcel Force, had no record of the surcharge nor indeed any measurements other than those provided by Parcel Hero which were not the measurements I provided.

A threat of Trading Standards and small claims court shut them up, but I just wanted to share my experience here so no one else has the same problem.

Use them at your peril, but if you do photos of everything and with a ruler against is essential. I genuinely think they are crooks.

Rant over!

Thanks for the warning! Noted. The industry does seem to be genuinely improving, compared with what we had a decade ago, so a shame there’s still this kind of grift occurring. You should put it on their Twitter feed- that’ll hurt far more.

who are they ? A reseller? there will always be a reason they offer others services cheaper than the provider themselves.

Had problems with ParcelMonkey

who are they ? A reseller? there will always be a reason they offer others services cheaper than the provider themselves.

Had problems with ParcelMonkey
Took ParcelMonkey to small claims court. They denied, denied, denied but all in messages on their system as you can't call or email them.....until 3 days before the hearing when they apologised and paid up in full.

Parcel Hero are a bit like Parcel Monkey and Inter Parcel. Arguably an online broker, but its a con.

Parcel Force actually did the deliver and were decent. They answered the phone when I rang them and gave me all the details when I gave them the tracking number.

Incidentally I bought additional insurance coverage which didn't respond as I didn't have enough photographic evidence even though I had photos of the package as it left me and photos of the damaged item. Luckily the company I was returning goods to were good and refunded anyway.

Thanks for the warning! Noted. The industry does seem to be genuinely improving, compared with what we had a decade ago, so a shame there’s still this kind of grift occurring. You should put it on their Twitter feed- that’ll hurt far more.

I don't do Twitter otherwise I would. From what I found online, post event, many have had similar problems

Its a very common ‘con’ by these third party bookers, they will send out these claims with no evidence and I expect 9/10 people pay the demands.

Parcel2Go being one of the worst in my opinion.

One of my latest issues with P2G involved a tiny 10cm x 10cm x 10cm box containing a small
Metal adaptor that weighed 250grammes being apparently under sized and in their opinion weighed 25kg and wanted over £50. Ironic as I listed it as a kilo to be safe.

This is sounding very much like the old budget airline carry on bag scam where the slightest infringement of weight and dimensions meant it had to be transferred to the hold with a very large additional charge. Now they’re just too time pressured to pull this one anymore.

which third party parcel bookers do folk currently recommend, or is it just as cheap to go direct?

I think my experience is that Parcelforce are probably the best bet of a bad bunch. It usually depends on the packaging I think, and if you really go for it and oversize everything they tend to work out well.

You haven't been paying attention to the seemingly never ending tirade of complaints about Ryanair then!

There should be laws that facilitate the shutting down of these companies and banning their directors for life!

Unfortunately mainstream major parcel players (other than PO) don't seem the slightest bit interested in doing business directly with Joe Public for the occasional one off order and Ebay now effectively have their own in house parcel broker which must be putting a serious squeeze on the likes of P2G, Parcel Monkey and the rest of them.

When the revenues drop the sharp practices and cons come out!

Had problems with P2G first time I tried them and never went back. I used to use Pharos parcel but they went out of business and I switched to Interparcel without any issues until Ebay set up their own broker.

I never knew it was so wide spread. It just feels like fraud to me. Simple as that
Citylink were good at this. Sent a matched pair of speakers in manufacturer's packing. Took them into the local depot, invoiced as 2 different sizes and weights!

OP - I had a similar experience with ParcelMonkey, but not quite so expensive. Never had a problem with Parcel2Go.

Slightly off topic but Hermes - the worst couriers I ever had the misfortune to deal with - seem to have pulled their socks up since their Evri name change. They now have fully functional real time tracking with delivery/pick-up update alerts, and stuff actually gets delivered in one piece and on time instead of being chucked over the gate, busted, a week later.

I do find with P2G that they go through a splurge now and again kf these. I send maybe 20 parcels a week with them (sadly not enough for discounted direct courier accounts and their auto upload order function is useful) and every couple of months, boom Ill get 5-10 underweighed fee demands all at once. The same items Ive been sending for the months/years prior to that, in the same packaging.

Revenue earner.

advertisement

Back