advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: IV VONC

Status
Not open for further replies.
IAk7Du0l.jpg

I'm sure I reflect the whole countries concern for him up till the point when I realised that the 'minor op' was not a vasectomy . If only they had laid him out the other way on the table :)

Which whole countries?

Led By Donkeys

Tonight the Victoria and Albert museum is hosting the Conservatives’ lavish summer fundraising party. It shouldn’t be happening.
20 Jun 2022

Per the government's own guidance (Code of Conduct for Board Members of Public Bodies June 2019):

Use of Official Resources
3.8 You must not misuse official resources for personal gain or for political purposes.

Use of Official Information
3.9 You must not misuse information gained in the course of your public service for personal gain or for political purpose.

Political Activity
3.11 In your public role, you should be, and be seen to be, politically impartial. You should not occupy a paid party political post or hold a particularly sensitive or high-profile role in a political party.

Action time:

A Freedom From Torture petition here. They are taking legal action against the Conservative Party’s racist refugee kidnap, trafficking and detention scheme.

Greenpeace are also running a petition on the Conservative Party’s far-right authoritarian clamp-down on legitimate protest. Sign here.

And in another huge step towards fascism the Conservative Party have announced the scrapping of the Human Rights Act (Guardian via Twitter).

I’m at the point now that I reject Tory rule. It is as illegitimate as fundamentalist religion or the monarchy. I do not accept their increasingly illiberal laws. I will resist this far-right government in any way I can including on the street if necessary. I actively welcome and will join mass protest. It is time to take this far-right authoritarian shit out.

I am really sick of it and if anyone here would still vote Conservative now after all this just get the f*** of my website. I do not want you here. I do not enter into dialogue with fascists or their apologists. For clarity I have no issue with old-school moderate Tories, only those who would continue to support or enable a party that has now so clearly shifted to the racist far-right popularist and authoritarian end of the political spectrum.

PS Same goes for Trump supporters. You can f*** right off too!

Here’s Good Law Project’s Jo Maugham on the Conservative Party “opening the door to fascism” by abandoning the Human Rights Act (Twitter). It is reassuring to see people far more educated and intelligent than myself not afraid to use the word. It is what it is. The time to act is right now.

PS Johnson’s PMQs performance summarised in one .gif (Twitter).

Raab’s on his hind legs in the HoC now. Didn’t take him long to get to the visceral tabloid racism that this ‘Bill of Tory rights’ is based upon, it basically makes it far easier to demonise and deport non-white people.

And in another huge step towards fascism the Conservative Party have announced the scrapping of the Human Rights Act (Guardian via Twitter).

I’m at the point now that I reject Tory rule. It is as illegitimate as fundamentalist religion or the monarchy. I do not accept their increasingly illiberal laws. I will resist this far-right government in any way I can including on the street if necessary. I actively welcome and will join mass protest. It is time to take this far-right authoritarian shit out.

I am really sick of it and if anyone here would still vote Conservative now after all this just get the f*** of my website. I do not want you here. I do not enter into dialogue with fascists or their apologists. For clarity I have no issue with old-school moderate Tories, only those who would continue to support or enable a party that has now so clearly shifted to the racist far-right popularist and authoritarian end of the political spectrum.

PS Same goes for Trump supporters. You can f*** right off too!
Well said.

Led By Donkeys

Tonight the Victoria and Albert museum is hosting the Conservatives’ lavish summer fundraising party. It shouldn’t be happening.
20 Jun 2022

Per the government's own guidance (Code of Conduct for Board Members of Public Bodies June 2019):

Use of Official Resources
3.8 You must not misuse official resources for personal gain or for political purposes.

Use of Official Information
3.9 You must not misuse information gained in the course of your public service for personal gain or for political purpose.

Political Activity
3.11 In your public role, you should be, and be seen to be, politically impartial. You should not occupy a paid party political post or hold a particularly sensitive or high-profile role in a political party.
Parasites on the public purse, soiling the reputation of of an important public cultural institution.
Is there any obligation for the PM to answer questions put to him during PMQ’s?
Only an obligation of decency. The Speaker has and will intervene with statements link “Prime Minister, the leader of the opposition is asking you questions, that’s why it’s called PMQs, it’s not for you to ask him questions”.

I think he has to stand up and make noises with his mouth, and there is an expectation of something approximating to an answer based on the PM's respect for the event (ha!), but otherwise the usual politician's slipperiness in answering questions applies.

Not sure if it was the current or previous Speaker was asked this question and his response was effectively “ the British public will judge the PM on whether he’s answered the question or not” in other words I’m not getting involved!

Not sure if it was the current or previous Speaker was asked this question and his response was effectively “ the British public will judge the PM on whether he’s answered the question or not” in other words I’m not getting involved!
I'm not sure the British public could give a to$$ by all accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back