advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

cooking lamb tagine with peas, green olives and preserved lemon. Also a spiced carrot salad side dish.

Have you thought about putting a cage on top of the flue vent / chimney pot?
Not really. This is the first time it has happened in 35 years of owning a house, so hopefully 35 years before it happens again. If it does, I may have to reconsider...

Cleaned on top of and around my desk, and in doing so added an estimated 4.7% to the world’s stockpile of captive dust.

wonderful to have the readings today read by newly arrived Ukrainian refugees who read it in Russian [ as from Russian speaking area] .

had some family as i think it was fathers day

Nice Negroni

20220619-172908.jpg

I tested positive for Covid yesterday so it’s been a socially distanced Father’s Day.

Mrs BB had to go alone to test drive the BMW 128ti, she definitely having it and we’re collecting it next Saturday.

Should have been at Royal Hospital Chelsea tonight to see Paul Weller. Mrs BB and daughter no.2 have gone instead.

Consoling myself watching British Superbikes.

Cheers BB

Back on losing weight after I crept up above 12st last week. No problem, I know the drill. The difficult bit is wanting to do it. Once you've got that done, it's easy. Other than that, building stuff in the garage. 2 bike stands done and a hedgehog house started. One old hand saw comprehensively buggered, now in the bin. I wonder if I could make something with it. A hedging knife, say.

this morning running a training course on reviews of applications for ethical clearance for our Department of Psychology.

taking in a delivery of 6 bottles of wine from Vinissimus - one of the few places i have found to buy Txakoli

finishing off a pond frost protector

choosing vacuum cleaners and sorting out laptop for someone

sorting out virgin TV box for someone else !!! gosh it took some doing but we got there

Finished the display case for Cutty Sark. Looks quite good.
Just popped the cork on a bottle of Porta 6 which will wash the ribeye down later. Not good for me, I know, but you only live once.

advertisement

Back