advertisement

WTF is happening to the UK?

foxwelljsly

Me too, I ate one sour too.
The NHS is failing to the point of being dead, I’m paying more tax than I have in living memory, the government is barking out unworkable fascist policy ideas to keep sun readers foaming about immigrants, the motorways are choked with lorries unable to leave the country, many basic goods are unobtainable because of Brexit trade controls, many British companies are unable to trade with their European counterparts because post-Brexit trade controls have been so poorly thought out, the government are about to break international law as their grip on power is beholden to the religious loonies in the DUP, the country is incrementally sleep-walking into authoritarianism, the PM is a dishonest, philandering cad with no concern for anything other than how many more days he can eke out dishing out unbelievable sums of money to mysterious acquaintances without any scrutiny and he has peopled the the cabinet with beholden arrivistes that don’t have the mental acuity to make a profit out of running a car wash. And, to top it all, buying secondhand records from the EU is now a business fraught with uncertainty and hidden fees.

I suspect international energy prices are largely beyond their responsibility, but, still, I am more glad than ever I’m not poor and if I was I’d be shitting myself.

rant over

I compare the UK I grew up in to what I see from afar now. I've lived abroad for twenty odd years now with only a couple of short visits in that time. It's depressing, I hope I never need to return for living.

It is most of the world though, there seem to be no values remaining these days, except ones with $ in front. It's just particularly sad to see a once world dominant nation, Great Britain, become the pathetic mess it is now.

It's called the Crazy Hideous Age Of Stupid and it's a darkness that seems to be descending over the whole world, not just the UK...
I fear that may be the correct reading of the situation. But it’s quite soothing to put a label on it.

And we’re going back to the days of deporting undesirables to Australia, oh sorry it’s Rwanda:oops::(

May be best not to draw parallels - they'll be using that as a sweetener: "Look at Australia now - Think what your decendants in Rwanda have to look forward to - kangaroos, nice beaches, lobsters the size of canoes..."

Reactions: PsB
Yeah, I feel it's time for some seriously big public demonstrations. I've always been a bit pathetically passive when it comes to politics, basically just wringing my hands, sleepless nights worrying about this or that shit, and ranting at the tv, but now I'm feeling increasingly desperate about it all. It it feels like it's time for some action, time to march on the castle with pitchforks and flaming torches etc.

b000i186fw_vforvendetta_uxwb1._sx1080_.jpg

Yeah, I feel it's time for some seriously big public demonstrations. I've always been a bit pathetically passive when it comes to politics, basically just wringing my hands, sleepless nights worrying about this or that shit, and ranting at the tv, but now I'm feeling increasingly desperate about it all. It it feels like it's time for some action, time to march on the castle with pitchforks and flaming torches etc.
Trump could probably advise on that sort of thing.

The NHS is failing to the point of being dead, I’m paying more tax than I have in living memory, the government is barking out unworkable fascist policy ideas to keep sun readers foaming about immigrants, the motorways are choked with lorries unable to leave the country, many basic goods are unobtainable because of Brexit trade controls, many British companies are unable to trade with their European counterparts because post-Brexit trade controls have been so poorly thought out, the government are about to break international law as their grip on power is beholden to the religious loonies in the DUP, the country is incrementally sleep-walking into authoritarianism, the PM is a dishonest, philandering cad with no concern for anything other than how many more days he can eke out dishing out unbelievable sums of money to mysterious acquaintances without any scrutiny and he has peopled the the cabinet with beholden arrivistes that don’t have the mental acuity to make a profit out of running a car wash. And, to top it all, buying secondhand records from the EU is now a business fraught with uncertainty and hidden fees.

I suspect international energy prices are largely beyond their responsibility, but, still, I am more glad than ever I’m not poor and if I was I’d be shitting myself.

rant over
That’s what happens when Britain’s being run by a hard left Labour Govt led by Michael Foot, infiltrated by KGB spies, Militant Tendency and Diane Abbot clones taking their orders from Moscow. Oh, wait…..

advertisement

Back